First RDA coming soon

CoryTheNube

I’ve got my first RDA coming in the mail. I already had my wire delivered. They are round 24 GA Kanther. I don’t have the option of popping down to the vape shop as I’m stationed overseas and it’s a chore to find one. When you do the language barrier is an issue. Anyway. I’ve got a Cartel coming which apparently is a rip off of the drop. All the videos I’ve seen use either fat coil wires or woven like an alien. Am I going to be okay using standard single kanther? And using two coils is a bit confusing now as well. Im thinking I want to mimic my .4 OHM im used to. Is this even possible?

Hey Cory

Get yourself a good vape calculator.  I'm assuming you will be building your own coils?

In a dual coil RDA you will want to build 2 coils at .8 ohms each.  this will yield a .4 ohm resistance for your mod.

what device/battery are you using?

I should add that if you know anyone experienced with this it can save you a lot of grief.   

Edited by Bebop

In this video Grimm does a 7 wrap, 3mm coil with 24G kanthal which yields him about .3 ohms.   pretty similar to what you're describing.  study it well.   In this video he doesn't measure the resistance of each coil.   He builds the coils,  mounts them,  then checks the combined resistance of the two coils.  If he were to check each coil you would find that each coils sits around .6 ohms

In your case I would add an extra wrap each coil to get to your target .4 ohms dual.  start there.

good luck and dont hesitate to ask questions or seek advice from someone who knows and has experience.

Edited by Bebop

@Bebop. Thank you very much. The MOD is a SMOK Alien 220W (why I needed that much who knows) with a 4 post RDA from Cartel (a little different set up on the deck), and the batteries 2500MAH, 30A, and 3.7v. I think I’m pretty good on Amps. I pull around 11.5 now with .4 OHM at like 45-50 Watts.