Batteries

modness

Hi guys, this might be a stupid noob question, but I've been smoking cigarettes for 12 years, and I'm new to vaping, my vape takes Samsung 25R 18650 2500mAh 20A Battery and I'm getting a new vape mod and on the website it says it takes a LG HE4 High Drain 18650 Battery 2500mAh battery they both look the same, but I wanna know if I can use my Samsung 25R 18650 2500mAh 20A Battery in the mod that requires a LG HE4 High Drain 18650 Battery 2500mAh battery, thanks for your responses :)

3 minutes ago, Tam said:

There is no such thing as a stupid question. Please feel free to ask anything!

@Walt or @FXRich, one of you want to take this one?  :lol:

my question is my vape takes Samsung 25R 18650 2500mAh 20A Battery and I'm getting a new vape mod and on the website it says it takes a LG HE4 High Drain 18650 Battery 2500mAh battery they both look the same, but I wanna know if I can use my Samsung 25R 18650 2500mAh 20A Battery in the mod that requires a LG HE4 High Drain 18650 Battery 2500mAh battery thanks for your help

You're all good.  The Samsung 25R is a fine "high drain" battery.  

If you're interested in digging deeper, put "battery mooch" in google.  Mooch tests batteries specifically for vaping.  

The only reason I can see for a mod maker to recommend using a certain brand of battery is probably the same reason Chevy recommends using a Delco  battery and Ford recommends using a Motorcraft, there is probably some kind of Corporate connection. I use mostly  Kanger mods, and the instructions say to use a suitable 18650 30A battery, I use LG HG2 batteries that are rated at 20A, continuous. Kanger doesn't say 30A continuous or pulse.  (I haven't blown myself up yet)  The brand of battery doesn't matter as much as the quality of the battery, Samsung, LG, and Sony all make quality batteries.