Battery heating up

Hey I'm new to this vape stuff and need help understanding why my battery is get HOT🔥. I received a " Vandy Vape Pulse BF kit " as a gift.  I started using it and the mouth piece part was get hot enough I'd snap my head away from it burning my lips . That eventually stopped but I noticed the battery started to get hot. Can anyone help me fix that, or guide me in the direction of what I should do?

Ok, I'll comment more later as I have little time right now.  Don't use it with the battery getting hot.  There is a very good probability that the RDA is drawing too much current.  This has the potential of ending up with a catastrophic failure where the battery can vent and even flame.  

Sorry about the delay,

This is a mech or mechanical mod.  It has no circuit board and no safety protections.  It is basically a battery, a switch, and the coil you build.  The only safety protection you have is your knowledge of electrical characteristics of the coil and the battery.  The understanding of both Ohm's law and Watt's law are necessary.   

Please start with watching the videos here:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCePHh3NMvu3rW2LFJeOWo-Q

This gentleman is known as battery mooch and is probably your best source for learning what you need.  After gaining an understanding of the physics involved you can use this website to assist you in designing coils for the device:  http://www.steam-engine.org/wirewiz.html

The kit you have can be a wonderful device but it can also be hazardous if you do not know what you are doing.  

See what happens when I don't Google the mod first? I automatically assumed it was a regulated mod. Thanks, @Walt, for the correction!

Now that I know it's a mech, it's that much more critical and very important to stop using it if it's heating up as much as you say. Time to research how to use a mech before something goes wrong. Glad you came here to ask questions!

10 minutes ago, Tam said:

See what happens when I don't Google the mod first? I automatically assumed it was a regulated mod. Thanks, @Walt, for the correction!

Now that I know it's a mech, it's that much more critical and very important to stop using it if it's heating up as much as you say. Time to research how to use a mech before something goes wrong. Glad you came here to ask questions!

I assumed the same thing Tam

3 hours ago, cany said:

Sounds like your watts are too high

2 hours ago, Tam said:

What resistance is your coil and how many watts are you using on it?

Both of you are right on target.  It still boils down to too much power and or too little resistance.  I just happened to catch this one when it came out.  Surprised me that GeekVape would make a mech Squonk.  Not what I'm used to seeing from the Geek.  A friend of mine also bought one.  Which reminds me:  @NephSF, make sure you keep the brass piece that is part of the switch and touches the 510 connector clean.  It can arch and cause the device to perform poorly.  

Are you using the pulse mechanical squonk box...if so you should have some amount of knowledge around ohms law...is your build exceeding your amperage limit....a hot Battery is NOT good...do not continue to use the device of the battery keeps getting hot. Maybe go back to your build and check your resistance...batteries can be dangerous in the wrong hands.... Be very cautious of this device until you figure out what is happening