Dry Hits After Changing E-Liquids

I just bought new E-Liquid yesterday but ever since last night all I've been getting is dry hits. Before this I was using a 60/40 VG/PG ratio and the new one I have now is a 70/30 VP/PG ratio. I've tried rewicking 4 times already since yesterday and all I get is still dry hits. I still had some of my old juice left so I tried using the old juice and I stopped getting dry hits but when I switched back to the new juice I went back to constantly getting dry hits. I just started vaping recently so I'm pretty new to all this but I can't figure out what's wrong. Help me please!!!! It's getting frustrating to just be getting dry hits. 

4 minutes ago, jme5374 said:

What type of setup do you have? There are some atty’s that don’t handle the thicker liquids(70/30, 80/20) very well.

All I know is that it's a dual coil rebuildable atomiser. Friend gave me the vape with the coil installed already.

It looks a little loose and I wouldn't have that much bend so quick right after the coil. Your wick tightness should be just short of moving/bending your coils as you pull it through. In fact, you may need to put a little counter tug with your other hand on the opposite side as you pull to "stretch" the cotton a little. Once through, you should do a light combing/fluffing of the tails before you bend and place them. Juice them up really really well and let them sit a little so the juice saturates completely through. Juice a little more and pulse fire a few times. Juice a little more and you should be ready to go. You will probably need to drip juice around every five draws. Try not to chain vape so as to give the juice time to resaturate to the middle of the coil. As a side note, I usually go with larger ID coils (3mm and larger) as this also helps with not getting dry hits and greater surface area in contact with the wicking for more vapor production.a74978a2930e7fe0bb08b67b9a8f1670.png

33 minutes ago, MRSpivey said:

I use high VG (>=80%) and, as you may have noticed, I prefer spaced coils as well.

What's the best way for my atomiser coil?? I'm don't know much about coiling the atomiser so I will most probably be bringing it to a shop to have it recoiled for me possibly next week? What advice can you give for recoiling?

53 minutes ago, MRSpivey said:

It looks a little loose and I wouldn't have that much bend so quick right after the coil. Your wick tightness should be just short of moving/bending your coils as you pull it through. In fact, you may need to put a little counter tug with your other hand on the opposite side as you pull to "stretch" the cotton a little. Once through, you should do a light combing/fluffing of the tails before you bend and place them. Juice them up really really well and let them sit a little so the juice saturates completely through. Juice a little more and pulse fire a few times. Juice a little more and you should be ready to go. You will probably need to drip juice around every five draws. Try not to chain vape so as to give the juice time to resaturate to the middle of the coil. As a side note, I usually go with larger ID coils (3mm and larger) as this also helps with not getting dry hits and greater surface area in contact with the wicking for more vapor production.a74978a2930e7fe0bb08b67b9a8f1670.png

I rewicked the atomiser and tried what you suggested but I'm still getting very muted flavours and a very dry sensation in my throat

https://imgur.com/a/i2QZDiA

55 minutes ago, MRSpivey said:

I use high VG (>=80%) and, as you may have noticed, I prefer spaced coils as well.

Do you have any advice when I recoil my atomiser which is most probably going to be the next few days? What's the best way to coil my atomiser?

Another thing you could try is to thin out your new eliquid. In your original post you said you used the 60VG/40PG with no problems. Your new juice is 70/30. If you can get some regular PG, I would take a little of the 70/30 juice and put it in a separate bottle to experiment so you don't screw up your whole bottle. If you don't have access to plain PG, get some distilled water (don't use tap), and add a few drops to 1 ml of eliquid and mix well. Then, try to vape to see if you're still getting dry hits. If so, add another few drops of distilled water to your eliquid and try again. I've done this with some of the old set ups when I first started vaping, it works well but you have to do it only a few drops at a time or you risk getting watery eliquid you can't fix or vape.

If the Nic level is over 6mg I would say that's your harshness issue. You can reuse the wire already in the RDA if you don't have anything else right now. If you don't have a coil tool you can use a CLEANED drill bit (1/8" is what I use to use). First take your wicking out and glow your coils via pulsing the fire button to burn off the gunk. Let cool then remove. Rewrap them on the shank of the cleaned drill bit (let the wires be equally spaced apart a little). Remount each coil in the RDA and with a small screwdriver work on the spacing and adjust position with the drill bit. Once you're done positioning and twerking spacing remove the drill bit and repeat glowing of the coils. After cooling, rewick as I mentioned earlier.