Merlin mini rta

Foofightervapegirl1

Can I run a lower build in single coil mode without the airflow plug in? I like single coil mode , I have a .98 coil at 26 watts and it tastes like vaping air! It only has two juice flow ports, if that helps. Love the way it hits, just a flavor issue. It isn't the juice, it's one of my faves! Thanks in advance.

Not really sure what your asking Foo.  If you run it without a plug then the air intake with no coil will allow unrestricted air to rush in and mix with the vapor.  It will probably overtake the vaper just because it is unrestricted and deliver a lot less flavor.  If you plug one side, it should be better but it will probably never equal that of an atty that is made for single coil just because of the aerodynamics of the vapor chamber.  As far as a "lower" build, do you mean a lower resistance?  

yeah, Walt's right.  it won't work well at all.  air flow over the coil is a really important factor when it comes to flavor.  you would just be adding lots of air that isn't passing by the coil so you are effectively reducing your flavor by as much as 75%. the air is just going to find the path of least resistance and that is straight through the open air port to the mouthpiece.  no bueno.

I meant lower resistance,my coil is  directly over the airflow. I've got a .70 ohm build running at 40 watts. No plug. Pretty good. Does the coil over the airflow make a difference? My question I guess was would it hurt anything? I didn't know about just having two feeding slots for the juice. I am running a 60/40 artemis clone I made and I like it. It is the single coil deck.  Not the two post.Ot has interchangeable decks that screw in.

Edited by Foofightervapegirl1
Spelling, as usual

4 hours ago, Foofightervapegirl1 said:

I meant lower resistance,my coil is  directly over the airflow. I've got a .70 ohm build running at 40 watts. No plug. Pretty good. Does the coil over the airflow make a difference? My question I guess was would it hurt anything? I didn't know about just having two feeding slots for the juice. I am running a 60/40 artemis clone I made and I like it. It is the single coil deck.  Not the two post.Ot has interchangeable decks that screw in.

Not sure I fully understand but yes you can go to a lower resistance and yes having the coil directly over the airflow makes a huge difference.  You want the air to come up, circle around the coil and carry the vaper with it up through the chimney.  The height of the coil above the airflow is kinda atty dependent.  They seem to all have a "sweet spot".  In general it's best to keep the coil pretty close to the airflow.  

I got it figured out. I was making sure I wasn't going to hurt the tank...silly I guess when that is what it is built for [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]. Everything is running just fine. Thank you ! This thing is a bit of a bugger to wick!

Not silly at all always ask if you're un sure better safe then sorry