Help! New TPriv still tastes like metal!

Hey guys!

I recently upgraded to a big kid mod (yay me!) I upgraded from the Smok big baby that was not adjustable to the T Priv. I don’t know anything about what wattage I prefer, or what strength (soft/normal/hard) or what wattage works best for what juice.

I have a lot of 3 nic 70/30 and 80/20 from Naked, Time Bomb, and Alt Zero.

Thanks in advance for your help! 

Welcome!  The drill is the same for all mods.  Set your preheat for normal.   Start at a low wattage, say 30W.  Vape.  Move the wattage up a few notches and vape again.  You will find a "sweet spot" with the best flavor, fog, and temperature for you.  If you go beyond the sweet spot the flavor will start to diminish and it may even start to taste a little "burnt".  If this happens reduce your wattage setting back to the sweet spot.  Once you find your sweet spot you can adjust how fast you reach your spot by changing the preheat if you like.  Hard will make the device heat up faster, soft will make it heat up slower.   

Edited by Walt

To add to what @Walt already said, the fruit flavors seem to like cooler temps, the bakery flavors a little more heat. Since I'm not all that familiar with TPriv, I can't give you any advice on that. For me, who uses a 1.8 ohm coil, 30W seems awfully high. Mine is set at 8.4W at the moment, and that seems high from my usual 7.8W, but everything in vaping is relative.  :lol: 

1 hour ago, Tam said:

and that seems high from my usual 7.8W,

Good point.  The starting point I proposed may be high dependent upon the tank and coil you are using.  Starting lower will surely hurt nothing.