Starter Kits

Jarhead

New to mod vaping and just purchased a Smok Veneno 225 W TC Starter Kit from Element Vape. Curious, do these kits come ready to vape, excluding the juice & batteries? Wondering if they supply any cotton wicks or any other "must have" item in order to use immediately? It'll be here in two days [same for batteries, already have e-juice] and don't want to find I'm missing something. Answers much appreciated & ready to learn!

1509442849094 (1).jpg

https://www.vapordna.com/SMOK-Veneno-225W-TC-and-TFV8-Baby-Light-Edition-p/smvene.htm

Scroll down until you see "product includes" and it looks like it has everything you need to get you started except eliquid and two 18650 batteries. You'll want to make sure the batteries you purchase can handle loads that a .04 and .015 ohm coil demands. If we can get @Walt over here, he'll be able to better steer you in the right direction.  :)

1 hour ago, Tam said:

loads that a .04 and .015 ohm coil demands

I'm going to say, just don't!  Here's a link to where battery Mooch published his ratings on batteries.  The Sony VTC5A will give you 30 amps and the LG HD2 will give you 25 amps.  Building under .1Ω is just asking for trouble unless you under-power the build to where it barely gives a vape.  On the LG HG2's (20A)  Mooch advises about 60 Watts per battery or no more than 120 watts on a two battery mod.  Beyond that you are really punishing the batteries and they may not receive that punishment well.  

Just now, Walt said:

I'm going to say, just don't!  Here's a link to where battery Mooch published his ratings on batteries.  The Sony VTC5A will give you 30 amps and the LG HD2 will give you 25 amps.  Building under .1Ω is just asking for trouble unless you under-power the build to where it barely gives a vape.  On the LG HG2's (20A)  Mooch advises about 60 Watts per battery or no more than 120 watts on a two battery mod.  Beyond that you are really punishing the batteries and they may not receive that punishment well.  

My bad, @Walt! I put the decimal point in the wrong place. That should've read 0.15 ohm and not .015 as I typed. Thanks for the assist. I knew you'd steer them in the right direction.  :D

Yep, did that Tam. Only thing listed in included products that may have wicks was "spare parts".

Includes:

• 1 Veneno Box Mod
  • 1 TFV8 Big Baby Light Edition Tank
  • 1 0.4ohm V8 Baby-Q2 Dual Core
  • 1 0.15ohm V8 Baby-T8 Octuple Core
  • 1 Replacement Glass Tube
  • 1 MicroUSB Port
  • Spare Parts & O-Rings
  • Instructional Manual

". Being my first mod, I'm unsure what accessories are included. I also researched the batteries best suited for these, even watched several battery tests on Youtube, and bought the best performing batteries according to several "experts". Bought them from a reputable business that only sells batteries [in America]. 

1 minute ago, Jarhead said:

Yep, did that Tam. Only thing listed in included products that may have wicks was "spare parts".

Includes:

• 1 Veneno Box Mod
  • 1 TFV8 Big Baby Light Edition Tank
  • 1 0.4ohm V8 Baby-Q2 Dual Core
  • 1 0.15ohm V8 Baby-T8 Octuple Core
  • 1 Replacement Glass Tube
  • 1 MicroUSB Port
  • Spare Parts & O-Rings
  • Instructional Manual

". Being my first mod, I'm unsure what accessories are included. I also researched the batteries best suited for these, even watched several battery tests on Youtube, and bought the best performing batteries according to several "experts". Bought them from a reputable business that only sells batteries [in America]. 

Sounds like you're on the right track.  Two coils that come with the kit are all ready to prime and vape.  Add batteries and e-juice and you're good to go.  Do look up Battery Mooch.  He is  THE battery expert for vaping.  Also give good consideration to getting a good battery charger.  While the mod will charge the batteries internally, I have seen incidents.  Always safer to use an external charger.  

Just now, Walt said:

Sounds like you're on the right track.  Two coils that come with the kit are all ready to prime and vape.  Add batteries and e-juice and you're good to go.  Do look up Battery Mooch.  He is  THE battery expert for vaping.  Also give good consideration to getting a good battery charger.  While the mod will charge the batteries internally, I have seen incidents.  Always safer to use an external charger.  

I love my Nitecore 4 bay charger. Yep, good idea to use an external charger whenever possible. Safer is better.  :) 

Any time, @Jarhead. We're here to help if you have questions. There may be times when you get more answers than you wanted... and threads get derailed around here. Just a warni... Hey, @Walt, since the Vapor Talk store no longer carries third party goods, another vendor you might like to check out is Discount Vapers. They have millions of things to spend your money on and excellent customer service! They just helped me buy 20 boxes of 5-pack coils tonight.  :lol: 

14 minutes ago, Tam said:

Any time, @Jarhead. We're here to help if you have questions. There may be times when you get more answers than you wanted... and threads get derailed around here. Just a warni... Hey, @Walt, since the Vapor Talk store no longer carries third party goods, another vendor you might like to check out is Discount Vapers. They have millions of things to spend your money on and excellent customer service! They just helped me buy 20 boxes of 5-pack coils tonight.  :lol: 

OMG!  Buying two years worth of coils at a time.  I love it.  Ok, I'll check them out.  I love it when you spend my money.  I'm gonna haveta start sending you some of this stuff!, lol.  

31 minutes ago, Walt said:

I love it when you spend my money.  I'm gonna haveta start sending you some of this stuff!, lol.  

I love spending your money, too, @Walt. NO! Do not send me stuff!!! I have more back ups and stuff and more stuff that it's piling up faster than I can pay it forward. The people I help stop smoking in my area are very well stocked and then some. One of these days I'll pull out all of the stuff I have and put it into a pile and reorganize to figure out what I have and what goes with what...  :lol: