New vaper

dutch529

• 6 months later...

Yesterday I went out to a local head shop where they had a bunch of aping equipment and I found a product called Smok Mag.

It will run you about $100 for the unit and if you’re lucky he’ll sell you three bottles of oil for 20 bucks; so you’re basically come out of the store 125 bucks lighter, in your pocket.

The menu on the thing is a little bit tricky and confusing, and I’m looking around for a really reputable and knowledgeable Vaping store. I’ve got a feeling that that’s going to be the more difficult thing to find! 

5 hours ago, Soupy1957 said:

Yesterday I went out to a local head shop where they had a bunch of aping equipment and I found a product called Smok Mag.

It will run you about $100 for the unit and if you’re lucky he’ll sell you three bottles of oil for 20 bucks; so you’re basically come out of the store 125 bucks lighter, in your pocket.

Now that you have one mod (your Smok Mag), tank, batteries, etc. You will want to start collecting back ups. Don't just trust that one will get you where you want to be. If you want to give up smoking and keep off the cigs, get another mod (or more), more batteries so you can switch them out fast, probably an external battery charger, definitely get yourself cases to store your unused batteries (NEVER put them in your pocket or store them without having them in a case unless you want to find yourself in the hospital and the newest news story about how a battery blew up in your pants). You will also want to get more coils in whatever resistance level that you prefer for your mod. They typically last about a week or sometimes more depending on your juice, but will need to be changed. And sometimes... you'll get a bad coil so you want back ups. Then, get back ups of your back ups. You can never have too many.

36 minutes ago, Tam said:

Now that you have one mod (your Smok Mag), tank, batteries, etc. You will want to start collecting back ups. Don't just trust that one will get you where you want to be. If you want to give up smoking and keep off the cigs, get another mod (or more), more batteries so you can switch them out fast, probably an external battery charger, definitely get yourself cases to store your unused batteries (NEVER put them in your pocket or store them without having them in a case unless you want to find yourself in the hospital and the newest news story about how a battery blew up in your pants). You will also want to get more coils in whatever resistance level that you prefer for your mod. They typically last about a week or sometimes more depending on your juice, but will need to be changed. And sometimes... you'll get a bad coil so you want back ups. Then, get back ups of your back ups. You can never have too many.

@Tam is like the best vape mentor on the planet and her words are golden.  Brought me from OMG, what have I done to I love this vaping!  One thing you have to watch with @Tam, I obviously started out with one mod.  I now have over 50.  She is an enabler for the hideous disease of shinyitis.  It is contagious and is web-born.  

I took a look at the description of the Coil and ordered six of them from an online site, plus the one I have in the box as a back up. I guess the ones that I ordered have a little red light inside or something?

You mentioned the charger… There was a charging wire in the box. Oh and by the way, nobody around here seem to know what that screwdriver was for that was in the box, and I did a little research and discovered that that screwdriver is supposed to be used in conjunction with the button that releases the batteries.  I suppose it’s probably a lockdown device or something like that.