Mechanical mod

MrBogdi

Hello i bought a tsunami mech kit, and i get very tiny clouds l, the device heats up to long, i am running on 0.2 ohms. And i wan to get better cloud production, who can help me ?(0368a57dcbb66bc49154e961211bcf3c.jpg9bd947ad1e91a73b18a8c83336765cfa.jpg

Hello i bought a tsunami mech kit, and i get very tiny clouds l, the device heats up to long, i am running on 0.2 ohms. And i wan to get better cloud production, who can help me ?(0368a57dcbb66bc49154e961211bcf3c.jpg&key=b06b5d97d34f5cfa16c6009a93cb2a748c68c8870e5e296f65ea070ef008cbac9bd947ad1e91a73b18a8c83336765cfa.jpg&key=f2e7bb3480a58ba7dca2bec6182e460f691f72f6d3b68d251a98140fc8883d2e

My coils are very ugly, sorry for that

Ok,

There are a number of things to look at.  First and foremost, are you using a very high drain battery?  At 0.2Ω you are drawing 21A.  Check out "Battery Mooch" and make sure you are using a battery that he rates with a high enough CDR to handle that load.  A battery that is insufficient may be sagging a lot and diminishing your vape and it may also be a safety hazard.  Second, is the mech clean?  I mean every thread where parts screw together as well as every contact point.  Something like steel wool to make sure no coatings from manufacturing are left and electrical contact spray will help.  Third, from the pictures it looks like a lot of cotton in the atty.  Is there any room left for air to get around the coils?  Forth, some mechs have a tendency to work a little better with simple wire and a few more evenly spaced wraps.  You can still get similar resistances using a larger gauge wire.  

Last and most important, not to embarrass but I feel an obligation, have you studied up on safety with mech mods?  They can be everything from a wonderful vape to a pipe bomb.  

I'm sure others here will also add more that I am not thinking of right now.  Good luck!   

Ok,
There are a number of things to look at.  First and foremost, are you using a very high drain battery?  At 0.2Ω you are drawing 21A.  Check out "Battery Mooch" and make sure you are using a battery that he rates with a high enough CDR to handle that load.  A battery that is insufficient may be sagging a lot and diminishing your vape and it may also be a safety hazard.  Second, is the mech clean?  I mean every thread where parts screw together as well as every contact point.  Something like steel wool to make sure no coatings from manufacturing are left and electrical contact spray will help.  Third, from the pictures it looks like a lot of cotton in the atty.  Is there any room left for air to get around the coils?  Forth, some mechs have a tendency to work a little better with simple wire and a few more evenly spaced wraps.  You can still get similar resistances using a larger gauge wire.  
Last and most important, not to embarrass but I feel an obligation, have you studied up on safety with mech mods?  They can be everything from a wonderful vape to a pipe bomb.  
I'm sure others here will also add more that I am not thinking of right now.  Good luck!   
Yeah, i studied all about ohms law. I have samsung 25R and sony vtc5, both doing poor in this situation

take another picture from the side a little bit

I think you have airflow problems.  are you sure the airflow holes are matched with the coils?  Are the coils and cotton positioned properly by the airflow chambers in your cap?  is the airflow wide open(if it's adjustable).?  

you could probably use more even spacing on the wraps if possible. 

I'd start there

take another picture from the side a little bit

I think you have airflow problems.  are you sure the airflow holes are matched with the coils?  Are the coils and cotton positioned properly by the airflow chambers in your cap?  is the airflow wide open(if it's adjustable).?  
you could probably use more even spacing on the wraps if possible. 

I'd start there
But it heats very slowly, i will attach a video here tomorow

These are all things to check.
I would recommend a 3mm,24 gauge ,6 or7 wrap coil with just enough cotton to sit on the deck. The VTC5 is the battery you want. To use the 25r you will need to build to 2.0 ohms to be safe. You will get it.

Kanthal wire

These are all things to check.
I would recommend a 3mm,24 gauge ,6 or7 wrap coil with just enough cotton to sit on the deck. The VTC5 is the battery you want. To use the 25r you will need to build to 2.0 ohms to be safe. You will get it.
Kanthal wire
So i need to use 24 gauge kanthal wire, right?
Or it doesnt matter kanthat or stainless steel?

8 hours ago, MrBogdi said:

So i need to use 24 gauge kanthal wire, right?
Or it doesnt matter kanthat or stainless steel?

OMG!  I feel sorry for what I am about to write, but you are a disaster waiting to happen!  Here is where you can find a coil calculator and see for yourself the differences in resistance between wires:  http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.html    Apply that to the study you did on Ohm's Law.  Not knowing the difference is how people end up with half a face.  

• 1 month later...

It's really apparent that you don't know what you're doing.

If you don't want to melt your face off or burn your house down you need to follow this until you get experienced and know what the hell you're doing.

1. Ohm's law, http://www.steam-engine.org/ makes it easy and there's even an app on it for Android
2. Batteries! you MUST take good care of your batteries and know them!!!!!!!!
   a. Avoid garbage batteries like eFest who rewrap rejects with grossly inflated amp ratings. Stick with authentic LG, Sony or Samsung from reputable (not ebay or amazon) sources, great places to get authentic are from
      http://liionwholesale.com/
      https://www.imrbatteries.com/
   b. Stick well within Continuous Discharge Rate (CDR) Not the "pulse"
   c. Keep up to date with what Mooch tests,  battery ratings, follow his posts on Facebook and his Blog
   d. In Mod's with multiple batteries, marry them.
   e. Get some battery wraps, they're cheap and easy to re-wrap batteries. Any nicks,tears or what ever don't be stupid and just re-wrap.
3. Don't build stupid low for a good builder can chuck and get awesome dense vape from a good build. It's simple, for example with 20 CDR Amp batteries -
   a. Single battery mod's you're fine with .2 ohms on up
   b. Dual Parallel you're fine with .15 on up. Parallel you take the full CDR of one battery and you can add 1/2 the amp rating of the next battery
   c. Series you double the voltage but you share the amp. So a series you build high with a lot of wire, no lower that .4 ohms.
4. Make sure you don't have any shorts. For an extra caution any new build I vape on a regulated mod for a few drips or with a tank about a 1/4 tank. This is to insure nothing wonky with my build or any shorts.
5. Careful if it's not in your hand, if it doesn't have a lock on the button and you put it in your pocket (which I really don't recommend) insure nothing else is in your pocket and it's loose. Don't want to put it in your front jeans pocket and blow your Johnson off ya know ;)
6. Last but certainly NOT the least, keep it clean!  Clean it when you first get it "before" you even use it and clean it on a regular basis.
   a. Ultrasonics are a very good investment, got mine off Amazon for around $25.