Can't decide on Fused Claptions

I was taking a look at Fasttech for prebuild wire spools. I was going for dual core but the ones i found had 30-32g outer wire, which apparently makes the ramp up time really slow. The only ones with 36-38g outer wire are triple core claptons. I don't know too much about his and would be glad to receive a few tips...

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10019099/7745304-authentic-geekvape-n80-fused-clapton-heating-wire

There's the link for one of the triple core ones. You can click ''Model'' and see the other two. Im not specifically looking for a certain Ohmage, ill be using it on a regulated device. And i want kind of an in between of the ramp up time and how much wattage the wire can actually handle. When im at home  i can't be blowing huge clouds because my mother can't handle the smell of e-liquids and very well. And lower wattages really slow up the ramp times, it seems

It's not really that simple.  The inner cores handle the bulk of the current and for the most part heat the outer wrap wire.  As you increase the number of cores, you increase the surface area of the coil but require more power to bring those cores up to a vaping temperature.  Larger diameter wrap wires have more mass and require more heat from the core wires to achieve vaping temperature.  As far as how much power a coil will handle, that is mostly a function of the wicking material used.  Simple low mass coils will heat faster and hotter and burn the cotton before larger high mass coils at the same power settings.  Most folks will find a "favorite" coil construction.  What constitutes "favorite" is purely subjective.  Most folks just experiment.  Myself, I have found that simple wire up to simple two core claptons cover every atty I use nicely.  Every atty will respond "best" to a specific build.  Some like simple wire, some Claptons.  

45 minutes ago, Walt said:

It's not really that simple.  The inner cores handle the bulk of the current and for the most part heat the outer wrap wire.  As you increase the number of cores, you increase the surface area of the coil but require more power to bring those cores up to a vaping temperature.  Larger diameter wrap wires have more mass and require more heat from the core wires to achieve vaping temperature.  As far as how much power a coil will handle, that is mostly a function of the wicking material used.  Simple low mass coils will heat faster and hotter and burn the cotton before larger high mass coils at the same power settings.  Most folks will find a "favorite" coil construction.  What constitutes "favorite" is purely subjective.  Most folks just experiment.  Myself, I have found that simple wire up to simple two core claptons cover every atty I use nicely.  Every atty will respond "best" to a specific build.  Some like simple wire, some Claptons.  

I have my Bonza RDA on the way which as a LOT of airflow. I kinda want to go with that tri core 30g n80 with 38g n80 outer wire. That would ramp up pretty quickly, right? Im just using a simple 22g 8 wrap Kanthal a1 build and it takes like 2 or 3 seconds to ramp up if they're cold.... I could as well of course just go with higher wattage and shorter hits... would basically be the same thing, i guess. Im just wondering if i should rather find another brand with dual core and with thinner outer wire?

Edit: Found this wire here..... https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10040550/9625982-authentic-vapor-storm-ni80-high-density-fused

Edited by Tonikallinn
Found wire

2 minutes ago, Walt said:

30x3+38 would ramp quick.  Give it a shot.  Just don't buy 1000 Ft the first time around.  See if you like it first.  

I found a dual core n80 26g with 40g outer.... it would Ohm a lot lower...i don't think ill be using a mech? Sorry to have you explain this but uh.... about .15 ohm with the dual core and .22 with the tri core. What are the benefits of each wire?

Get a few in short lengths and try them.  They are all good usable constructions.  You'll use them up in time.  By the time you add in shipping the cost difference won't be that great.  

Just now, Walt said:

Get a few in short lengths and try them.  They are all good usable constructions.  You'll use them up in time.  By the time you add in shipping the cost difference won't be that great.  

Thing is none of these are available here in Iceland. And its estimated to ship 12 days from Fasttech. Im thinking about just buying one of the tri 30g core and one dual 26g core. The 30g ohms a lot higher and would work for dual coil setup on a mech. Thank you very much for taking your time to respond :) 

Sorry bit late to reply on this thread but I’m all for fused claptons over single cores. Ni80 has very little ramp up time and I throw these on my mechs happily (just check resistances first as nickel ohms out pretty low). I don’t really bother with SS or Kanthal claptons on single battery mechs as I’m not huge on the ramp up time but will happily throw the SS in a VW mod as I can add preheat to get them up to temp quicker.

As Walt says it’s all personal preference. Play and see what your happy with but just check resistance if your using mechs.

Sorry bit late to reply on this thread but I’m all for fused claptons over single cores. Ni80 has very little ramp up time and I throw these on my mechs happily (just check resistances first as nickel ohms out pretty low). I don’t really bother with SS or Kanthal claptons on single battery mechs as I’m not huge on the ramp up time but will happily throw the SS in a VW mod as I can add preheat to get them up to temp quicker.

As Walt says it’s all personal preference. Play and see what your happy with but just check resistance if your using mechs.
Yeah, I'll see how it turns out. Quick question though. Isn't it Nichrome? Isn't nickel used for temperature mode?