Issue

Hello. I have a Smok T-Priv and when I vape it sometimes burns my throat. Not all the time. It hurts extremely bad. 

If I blow on the hole where you fill the tank up then it is back to normal. I don’t get it. Then after about 10-15 hits it goes back to burning REALLY bad. 

Please help as I’m worried I’ve wasted a lot of money. 

2 minutes ago, Miltgotit5 said:
6 minutes ago, Harrison R said:
Is this normal?

Yes, it's just the cotton in the coil not having enough juice and it burns the cotton... Just try waiting few seconds to a minute between each hit to give the cotton to absorb the juice again... At least that's what it sounds like

Like I said, I’ve waited minutes. Could it be a liquid problem because it is doing the same worth another rig. 

Like I said, I’ve waited minutes. Could it be a liquid problem because it is doing the same worth another rig. 
Yea, it could be that the nic level of the juice as well or there are a lot of people who have a allergy to the PG (propylene glycol) part of some juices... If I were you I would stop using it and go check with a doctor before continuing use of it

As @Miltgotit5 noted, it sounds like the coil does not have enough liquid in it.  It's called a "dry hit".  The coil is heating without liquid present.  It may be possible that you are vaping with too much power also.  After priming your coil it is recommended that you start at a low power setting, even as low as 20 Watts.  Vape and then increase the power a couple of watts.  Keep doing this until the flavor and vapor production peak.  After the peak the flavor will start muting and eventually you will get a dry hit.  Also as previously stated even after finding the best power setting some coils will take a little time to soak up liquid between vapes.  Each tank and coil are different.  There is also a possibility that you may have a bad coil.  

Sorry about not having a simple definitive answer but that is the nature of the beast.  

1 minute ago, Miltgotit5 said:
8 minutes ago, Harrison R said:

Yea, it could be that the nic level of the juice as well or there are a lot of people who have a allergy to the PG (propylene glycol) part of some juices... If I were you I would stop using it and go check with a doctor before continuing use of it

I have 0 nice and the level is 70 VG & 30 PG

2 minutes ago, Walt said:

As @Miltgotit5 noted, it sounds like the coil does not have enough liquid in it.  It's called a "dry hit".  The coil is heating without liquid present.  It may be possible that you are vaping with too much power also.  After priming your coil it is recommended that you start at a low power setting, even as low as 20 Watts.  Vape and then increase the power a couple of watts.  Keep doing this until the flavor and vapor production peak.  After the peak the flavor will start muting and eventually you will get a dry hit.  Also as previously stated even after finding the best power setting some coils will take a little time to soak up liquid between vapes.  Each tank and coil are different.  There is also a possibility that you may have a bad coil.  

Sorry about not having a simple definitive answer but that is the nature of the beast.  

Full tank. My liquid is also doing this with another brand new coil. 

@Walt gives good, sound advice. Do you know the PG/VG ratio of the eliquid you're using? The liquid may be too thick for your wick to absorb quickly. No one should have to wait several minutes between hits, if that were true of all mods and tanks, no one would continue vaping.

If you have a very high VG content in your eliquid, you could add a couple of drops of distilled water directly into the tank to mix with your eliquid. This should thin it out a bit. Also, like Walt said, I would lower the power (watts) and dry vaping it again. If it's not doing it for you, turn it up just a little and vape. Keep doing this until you get a hint of a burning taste (dry hit), then back it down just a few. That should be the sweet spot for that juice and coil combination. Each new coil and flavor has to be adjusted as each flavor of eliquid has its own heat preference. Fruit juices usually prefer a lower heat while bakery flavors usually like it a little hotter.

Just now, Miltgotit5 said:
4 minutes ago, Harrison R said:
Full tank. My liquid is also doing this with another brand new coil. 

Only other thing I can think of is that you turn the wattage down and see if that helps, if not then I would see a doctor

I’ve had no problems with vaping before. How can I check if I have a bad coil?

2 minutes ago, Tam said:

@Walt gives good, sound advice. Do you know the PG/VG ratio of the eliquid you're using? The liquid may be too thick for your wick to absorb quickly. No one should have to wait several minutes between hits, if that were true of all mods and tanks, no one would continue vaping.

If you have a very high VG content in your eliquid, you could add a couple of drops of distilled water directly into the tank to mix with your eliquid. This should thin it out a bit. Also, like Walt said, I would lower the power (watts) and dry vaping it again. If it's not doing it for you, turn it up just a little and vape. Keep doing this until you get a hint of a burning taste (dry hit), then back it down just a few. That should be the sweet spot for that juice and coil combination. Each new coil and flavor has to be adjusted as each flavor of eliquid has its own heat preference. Fruit juices usually prefer a lower heat while bakery flavors usually like it a little hotter.

70% vg

30% pg

1 minute ago, Tam said:

Are you drinking enough water? Vaping dehydrates you so you want to increase your liquid intake. Water is the best instead of soda, coffee, tea, juice or whatever.

Do you recommend any good coils. I have one with three coils in which is the one burning but then I have another that isn’t burning but it’s only 40-80W. I want a 110 max like my 3 coil one

Just now, Tam said:

Do you have your airflow wide open? If it's too restricted, that could also be problematic.

Fully open. 

That fact that blowing into the juice filler hole cures the problem tells me that the coil is getting dry.  When you pressurize the tank by blowing in it that way you are forcing more juice into the coil.  Unfortunately there is no real way to see if a coil is soaking up juice properly with commercially made coils.  You can't see the inside of the cotton.  It's all about how saturated the cotton around the coil is with juice.  About the only thing you can do is try another coil as far as I know.  

Fully open. 

I can guarantee that 9 times out of 10 it's because you have the wattage so high... I'm running .19 dual coils that I built and I don't run them no more than 80 watts

And as@Walt said the cotton probably is wicking fast enough to keep up with how high you have the mod turned up to

Just now, Walt said:

That fact that blowing into the juice filler hole cures the problem tells me that the coil is getting dry.  When you pressurize the tank by blowing in it that way you are forcing more juice into the coil.  Unfortunately there is no real way to see if a coil is soaking up juice properly with commercially made coils.  You can't see the inside of the cotton.  It's all about how saturated the cotton around the coil is with juice.  About the only thing you can do is try another coil as far as I know.  

Done that. It’s fine with another coil. Do you recommend any good coils? I want one that can handle 110. My mod is 220 so a coil that can handle a lot will do. 

3 minutes ago, Harrison R said:

Do you recommend any good coils. I have one with three coils in which is the one burning but then I have another that isn’t burning but it’s only 40-80W. I want a 110 max like my 3 coil one

How many watts are you at now?

Just now, Miltgotit5 said:
4 minutes ago, Harrison R said:
Fully open. 

I can guarantee that 9 times out of 10 it's because you have the wattage so high... I'm running .19 dual coils that I built and I don't run them no more than 80 watts

Tried it on different watt levels. 37, 45, 50, 80, 65. All the same. Believe it’s the coil. 

I usually use 65-80 on my 110w coil (bad one). 

Just because the coils states up to 100W does not mean it will vape well with that much power.  Those coils are mass produced and some simply won't handle that much power.  

1 minute ago, Walt said:

Just because the coils states up to 100W does not mean it will vape well with that much power.  Those coils are mass produced and some simply won't handle that much power.  

Basically I vape because I enjoy it and find it relaxing. Especially with ADHD. I want to produce a lot of clouds. What coil would you recommend to do that as well as what wattage to use it on. 

Personally if you want to get into that high of a power range I recommend that you learn to build your own coils and use a rebuildable atty.  Commercial coils are simply unreliable at high power.  They can be pretty "hit and miss".