DNA 200 charging problems

I have a dna 200 solara aria anarchist mod and the LiPo battery was completely dead and now I can’t get it to charge and I’m not familiar with escribe I’ve never had any problems with my dna mods so can anyone help me please this is my Christmas present and I can’t even use it 

The first strange thing is the chip should not have let the battery get that low.
You have tried a different charge cable,a different adapter looked to see if there is a firmware update(shot in the dark).
If you have done all of thous things then I would get warranty and you argument is the battery should never go below the 3.1 volt mark the mod has protection against that.
Very nice mod by the way.
Walt what do you think?

2 hours ago, leadpipe58 said:

The first strange thing is the chip should not have let the battery get that low.
You have tried a different charge cable,a different adapter looked to see if there is a firmware update(shot in the dark).
If you have done all of thous things then I would get warranty and you argument is the battery should never go below the 3.1 volt mark the mod has protection against that.
Very nice mod by the way.
Walt what do you think?

Fully agree @leadpipe58.  The only other scenario I could think of was the battery sitting idle for a very long time which does not sound like the case.  Ditto on nice mod as well.  

• 5 months later...
On 12/15/2017 at 7:43 PM, Walt said:

Fully agree @leadpipe58.  The only other scenario I could think of was the battery sitting idle for a very long time which does not sound like the case.  Ditto on nice mod as well.  

Hey Walt, need some help. I have the same as mentioned above. It has sat idle for months and now will not charge. Tried escribe usb recovery for 15 hours and the 3 cells went down .01%. Any advice would be very much appreciated

2 minutes ago, AmandaVapes said:

Hey Walt, need some help. I have the same as mentioned above. It has sat idle for months and now will not charge. Tried escribe usb recovery for 15 hours and the 3 cells went down .01%. Any advice would be very much appreciated

Probably time for new batteries.  Batteries discharge slowly while sitting.  They have probably discharged to the point of no return.  .01% is extremely low.  Worst thing that could happen is that you end up with a brand new good set of batteries.  

First, I just want to make sure the mod is using 18650's.  Some use lipos.  What mod are you using?  If it does use 18650's then you want to go to a vape shop and buy some or if you order some online I would suggest either Sony VTC5A or LG HG2 batteries.  There are others that are good too but if you get either of these you will be in good shape.  

3 minutes ago, AmandaVapes said:

Just opened it and it is not 18650's so it must be lipos

Oh boy.  You'll have to source a new lipo.  Should have some numbering on it to help.  

Calling @MRSpivey!   Calling @MRSpivey!  

9 minutes ago, AmandaVapes said:

Just opened it and it is not 18650's so it must be lipos. It's an Aria Anarchist Solara Dna 200

If this guy is still around, he may be able to help as well.  He has built mods using lipos.  When it comes to sourcing a lipo I have no experience.  

Sweet. I would go with a Venom Fly 1,300 mAh 3s 30C. It has a lifetime warranty and on Ebay it's $21 from omnimodels (539,236)
It's dimensions are 2.6" x 1.3" x 0.8"

Your pack is 2.6" x 1.42" x 0.83"

Another thing is that you could get a plug connector that way it’s just a plug-in as opposed to cutting the plug off of the new battery and soldering it to the board. Also, if you’re going to let it sit for a long period of time before it is charged again for use you should only drain it down to about 3.8 V per cell.

Just to double check, is this the right battery, and ok. I lost it during moving and recently found it. It will never get this dead again lol
Screenshot_20180522-122829.thumb.png.78361519bf17ff8ec9bb98b1b3fa3cd8.png

That’s the one I was looking at.