VG/PG Mixtures

jme5374

Was wondering if anyone else might have this issue. Seems like of late, the higher VG percentages 70/30, 75/25, 80/20 causes me to have heartburn. When I back down to a 60/40 or 50/50 mix the issue does not seem to occur. Now due to the regulatory issues, many of the e-liquid providers are standardizing on one combo and the majority seem to be in the higher mixtures 70/30 and above. Has anyone attempted to dilute slightly by added a little PG to bring to combo down closer to a 60/40 or 50/50 mix? Since I’m more interested in flavor over clouds, how does it affect the flavor?

Never had heartburn from different ratios of e-juice myself.  As per flavor, PG is said to carry flavor better.  I dyi and make different blends for different ratios of PG/VG so I can't really attest to the difference.  You can certainly dilute an e-juice and try it but you will also be diluting the overall concentration of the flavor concentrates.  If you have 60ml of 70/30 that means that you have 42 mills of VG and 18 mills of PG.  You could add 24 mills of PG and have 84 mills of 50/50.  You will have also diluted your flavor concentrate by 28%.  Might end up with a pretty wimpy tasting vape.  

1 hour ago, cany said:

Wouldnt adding more PG increase th flavor as PG is the flavor carrier?

More PG would also still dilute the entire flavor, but it would be better than to use VG since PG is a flavor carrier.

Or, you could also order your eliquid from some place like EC Blends. They still allow you to customize PG/VG, increase flavor shots, etc.

2 hours ago, Tam said:

More PG would also still dilute the entire flavor, but it would be better than to use VG since PG is a flavor carrier.

Or, you could also order your eliquid from some place like EC Blends. They still allow you to customize PG/VG, increase flavor shots, etc.

When ever I have a mix thats lacking flavor  I add a few drops of PG too bump the flavor up  works like a charm