Templar child proof cap won't come off

Ok, so I know you have to push down and turn like a medicine bottle but I think what might have happened is that I tightened it too much last fill.  Now no matter how hard I push down I can't get it to catch.  It just spins and I can't feel the catch lock.  Is there any remedy to this?   

If I'm reading it right the child proof cap is on your Templar tank, that is the reason I don't buy tanks with a child proof fill, I'm too apt to grab a hammer.

You could try to soak it in some very hot water, getting it hot might loosen it enough, other than that don't know what to tell you.

cany got it right.  That is what I did.  A small flat screwdriver down the airflow and I backed it out.   I did turn it too tight and wore off the catch that allows it to grab and open so now I always have to use the screwdriver but it still works fine.  Not a big deal.  I like the Templar a lot but not a fan of child proof caps.

47 minutes ago, Mike said:

cany got it right.  That is what I did.  A small flat screwdriver down the airflow and I backed it out.   I did turn it too tight and wore off the catch that allows it to grab and open so now I always have to use the screwdriver but it still works fine.  Not a big deal.  I like the Templar a lot but not a fan of child proof caps.

Glad I figured it would after I tried it I wasnt sure at first

• 10 months later...
9 hours ago, Bubble2553 said:

So my aramax power vape has a childproof cap where you have to push it down then twist it, but when I push it down and it catches, it doesn’t twist or turn? 

You'll probably get more answers with a new thread :) (This one is quite old and probably forgotten about)