Alien mod version A

Because my red alien was on its last legs I bought a new alien this morning (black)

However after only 26 puffs the screen reads OHMS TOO LOW... Tried reinserting batteries and that didn't work.. it even says ohms too low without the tank/atomizer screwed on ... Anybody had this problem? Appreciate any input or advice thanks444d048b0363f13a020dca87d9dbac23.jpg2e6ec7f7567f1d84a5d8cc6b73b617a2.jpg

Smacksy, Dude, you've been around for awhile now.  Why do you buy Smok?  A guy on another site just did a tear down of one and found that they use the inner portion of a Jeans rivet for the positive connector in their 510.  I know they are good looking mods and really feel good in the hands but the quality is just not there.  Were it me I would send it back and get another brand.  VooPoo, Vapresso, Think Vape, Hcigar, Lost Vape, Kanger, just off the top of my head are putting out reliable mods at similar prices.  You can try wiggling the positive pin of the 510 connector around and see if that will eliminate the short.  

Smacksy, Dude, you've been around for awhile now.  Why do you buy Smok?  A guy on another site just did a tear down of one and found that they use the inner portion of a Jeans rivet for the positive connector in their 510.  I know they are good looking mods and really feel good in the hands but the quality is just not there.  Were it me I would send it back and get another brand.  VooPoo, Vapresso, Think Vape, Hcigar, Lost Vape, Kanger, just off the top of my head are putting out reliable mods at similar prices.  You can try wiggling the positive pin of the 510 connector around and see if that will eliminate the short.  

Hi Walt

I moved from California to Lafayette Louisiana and I dropped my red alien a few times getting in and out of my truck driving back here... it just wasn't working too good.. so I bought another black alien here in Lafayette and after 26 puffs it reads OHMS TOO LOW.. EVEN WITHOUT AN ATOMIZER ATTACHED... I guess I could take it back to the B&M shop I got it from if I can't figure it out how to make it work.. by the way it's nice talking to you again as I've been away for awhile

Just now, smacksy said:

Hi Walt
I moved from California to Lafayette Louisiana and I dropped my red alien a few times getting in and out of my truck driving back here... it just wasn't working too good.. so I bought another black alien here in Lafayette and after 26 puffs it reads OHMS TOO LOW.. EVEN WITHOUT AN ATOMIZER ATTACHED... I guess I could take it back to the B&M shop I got it from if I can't figure it out how to make it work.. by the way it's nice talking to you again while I've been away for awhile

Yes sir!  Glad to see you back.  Missed ya.  That's why I suggest investigating the center pin of the 510 on the mod.  Could have easily slide over and shorted out the way they are constructed.  If they are pressed too far down they can move out of their detente.  Sorry to hear you got a lemon.  Anyway, look forward to chatting more hopefully about better circumstances.  

Yes sir!  Glad to see you back.  Missed ya.  That's why I suggest investigating the center pin of the 510 on the mod.  Could have easily slide over and shorted out the way they are constructed.  If they are pressed too far down they can move out of their detente.  Sorry to hear you got a lemon.  Anyway, look forward to chatting more hopefully about better circumstances.  

Got an update.. I took the top off and found the 510 pin wasn't sitting squarely on the spring so I centered it and gently tightened all four screws back up.. working good now [emoji4]aaa684f43d1d73eea4c0b1fed9ccfc60.jpg&key=156ecad5e78dcd047ca558b4f610a7198aac00d4c56925e6659d2dd76dd84420f344cb14c78acc6da51321c9c5a2b9bf.jpg&key=b9d1b21d7bf7bcbec13c27db0f5b9a1f9c764b48325c57fd5efd243b44e9c3f2

I bought one of those useless piece of junk. It's nothing but a paper weight now. It had just stopped working, of course it happened right after the warranty expired. I don't know what the fascination with Smoking products is, I personally don't like their stuff and don't buy any of it. I did get that TFV4 sub ohm tank, it's too big, it gets too hot and what, 12 coils, really? No thank you, I'll get something else completely different.

"A guy on another site just did a tear down of one and found that they use the inner portion of a Jeans rivet for the positive connector in their 510.  I know they are good looking mods and really feel good in the hands but the quality is just not there."

Walt, I just wanted to say I totally agree with you. I just don't understand the fascination with Smoking products, they are everywhere, selling like hotcakes! Personally I'd rather buy a Limitless mod or even a Sigelei Kaos Z mod. There's so much better products to choose from that Smok, I can't even go into my local vape shop without being bombarded by their stuff, as I said, they're everywhere, all the time! I for one will not be supporting them, no thank you!

1 hour ago, dfoster_6215 said:

"A guy on another site just did a tear down of one and found that they use the inner portion of a Jeans rivet for the positive connector in their 510.  I know they are good looking mods and really feel good in the hands but the quality is just not there."

Walt, I just wanted to say I totally agree with you. I just don't understand the fascination with Smoking products, they are everywhere, selling like hotcakes! Personally I'd rather buy a Limitless mod or even a Sigelei Kaos Z mod. There's so much better products to choose from that Smok, I can't even go into my local vape shop without being bombarded by their stuff, as I said, they're everywhere, all the time! I for one will not be supporting them, no thank you!

They got me for one.  I've been luck regarding the 510 but most of the paint fell right off the thing.  They look sharp the the fire bar really intrigued me.  They are also masterful with their marketing.  They're good at making things that get by the reviewers.