nicotine and vape devices

Mike

ok, So I am a vape veteran but I have a newbie style question.  How much nic should I use?  how much mg/cc?  Why has this changed so much. Do the modern devices vaporize more juice than the older ones? I can remember vaping 24mg or even 36.  then I settled into 18mg for a few years.  I was using eGos, ProVari, 510 and 302 and 901 drip attys,   etc.   18mg per cc was considered medium..medium high.  12mg was low and 6mg was almost nic free.  Why is it now that 6 mg is strong?  I was told to use between 4 and 5mg when I bought a Smok Procolor(not impressed with it) and I just got my vt templar(love it! Thanks Christopher).  So how much nic should I use with these devices?  Like I said I vaped 18mg for years then I quit vaping and ended up smoking again about a pack a day for about a year or so. now I wanna vape again and not smoke so I want it strong enough to be able to quit butts again.

37 minutes ago, Mike said:

ok, So I am a vape veteran but I have a newbie style question.  How much nic should I use?  how much mg/cc?  Why has this changed so much. Do the modern devices vaporize more juice than the older ones? I can remember vaping 24mg or even 36.  then I settled into 18mg for a few years.  I was using eGos, ProVari, 510 and 302 and 901 drip attys,   etc.   18mg per cc was considered medium..medium high.  12mg was low and 6mg was almost nic free.  Why is it now that 6 mg is strong?  I was told to use between 4 and 5mg when I bought a Smok Procolor(not impressed with it) and I just got my vt templar(love it! Thanks Christopher).  So how much nic should I use with these devices?  Like I said I vaped 18mg for years then I quit vaping and ended up smoking again about a pack a day for about a year or so. now I wanna vape again and not smoke so I want it strong enough to be able to quit butts again.

Sub ohm tanks with huge airflow openings have changed this, kinda.  There are still a lot of folks vaping Mouth to Lung rigs with higher resistances and less air volume.  I'm vaping one right now.  Nothing has changed with them.  You still will want nicotine levels you are used to.  Now, you plug in a Smok super Beast monster atty with a 0.15Ω coil and 36mg of nicotine is going to blow a hole through the back of your neck and blow the top of your head.  Personally on those type of tanks I can stand only about 3mg of nicotine.  The sheer volume of vapor delivered greatly increases the overall amount of nicotine delivered with a vape.  Many folks are pumping 100 to 150 or more watts into these things and they will deliver fog.  Lots of fog.  

I agree with Walt. When ce4 was all we had a 30 ml bottle would last a few weeks. A small amount of juice needed a lot of nic to satisfy. Now I go through a 30 in a day and a half.
So before you less volume and more nic now there is 10 times the volume so less nic is needed because more juice is being vaporized. I bet it works out to the same. I vape 2 to 5 % nic depending in what I mix. Welcome back MIke

This is what I thought.  I couldn't remember the resistance to the "low resistant" atties I used in the past but I think it was  1.5 ohms and standard was more like 2ish.  And wattage is something I didn't consider either.   4.8 volts was fine for me in the old days but that was then and this is now.  I'm really liking this Templar AIO and I'll use this for my main vape and keep the Smok ProColor for a backup.   The Templar is easy, just hit the button and vape, I just gotta figure out my nic level for it.  Chris sent me a sample(and it's a real tasty black label flavor) How much if any nic is in that?   How about adjustable wattage devices like the ProColor?  Let's say I want to use it as a fog machine.  Where do I start with watts and what kind/ohms coil?

Your comments are appreciated as I'm itching to DIY some juice.  I just want the nic level to be ok and what does everyone think about vg/pg ratio?

1 hour ago, Mike said:

say I want to use it as a fog machine.  Where do I start with watts and what kind/ohms coil?

I honestly don't do much of the fog machine thing at all but I'm sure others will chime in.  The drill for setting the wattage is universal however.  Start out low and slowly increase until things start drying up.  I picked up a Smok Mega Beast fog bellowing atty for show while our keyboard player is doing the intro to Locomotive Breath.  I'll hit it at around 110 Watts or thereabouts.  A Gawd awful cloud comes out of me.  

3 hours ago, Mike said:

This is what I thought.  I couldn't remember the resistance to the "low resistant" atties I used in the past but I think it was  1.5 ohms and standard was more like 2ish.  And wattage is something I didn't consider either.   4.8 volts was fine for me in the old days but that was then and this is now.  I'm really liking this Templar AIO and I'll use this for my main vape and keep the Smok ProColor for a backup.   The Templar is easy, just hit the button and vape, I just gotta figure out my nic level for it.  Chris sent me a sample(and it's a real tasty black label flavor) How much if any nic is in that?   How about adjustable wattage devices like the ProColor?  Let's say I want to use it as a fog machine.  Where do I start with watts and what kind/ohms coil?

Your comments are appreciated as I'm itching to DIY some juice.  I just want the nic level to be ok and what does everyone think about vg/pg ratio?

The Black label should say how much NIC is in it at least mine does

1 hour ago, cany said:

The Black label should say how much NIC is in it at least mine does

It might have but it was a small 2ml sample and I didn't read it.  

4 hours ago, Walt said:

I honestly don't do much of the fog machine thing at all but I'm sure others will chime in.  The drill for setting the wattage is universal however.  Start out low and slowly increase until things start drying up.  I picked up a Smok Mega Beast fog bellowing atty for show while our keyboard player is doing the intro to Locomotive Breath.  I'll hit it at around 110 Watts or thereabouts.  A Gawd awful cloud comes out of me.  

Lol.  I'm not into huge clouds and fog either but I wanted to know how for similar reasons. I play guitar in a band too and that would be cool to let loose on stage.

1 minute ago, Mike said:

Lol.  I'm not into huge clouds and fog either but I wanted to know how for similar reasons. I play guitar in a band too and that would be cool to let loose on stage.

It's a hoot alright.  Get quite a mixed reaction from the crowd.  Some shake their heads like "good grief".  Others are entertained.  Some look terrified that the eeeee-ville fog will get them.  I do have to be careful how I aim it though.  It irritates our lead singer's throat.  Gets pretty screechy on the high notes.