My juice tastes like rubbing alcohol???

I just got a ego aio with 12mg of juice. I primed the coil, let it sit for 20 minutes, puff primed it (not hitting the button) i opened it to prime the coil. Now it tastes like chemicals. Something like rubbing alcohol is what i imagine. Like what the heck!!!! Is it because of 12mg of nic or the juice isnt soakiing the coil ennough or a bad batch?? Please respond!!! I also have bad taste buds and vapers tougne

1 minute ago, LtDanScape said:

I just got a ego aio with 12mg of juice. I primed the coil, let it sit for 20 minutes, puff primed it (not hitting the button) i opened it to prime the coil. Now it tastes like chemicals. Something like rubbing alcohol is what i imagine. Like what the heck!!!! Is it because of 12mg of nic or the juice isnt soakiing the coil ennough or a bad batch?? Please respond!!! I also have bad taste buds and vapers tougne

Im also sick with a bad soar throat and ive been coughing a lot of mucus phlegm 

I would bet on the throat and tongue being the biggest problem.  12mg of nic is going to give a pretty substantial throat hit and with a sore throat already, that may be a bit more than your throat can handle right now.  You did everything correctly in regard to letting it soak etc.  If you are not getting a dry hit taste you are getting enough juice to the coils.  I really can't diagnose the chemical taste.  When I get vapor tongue, I pretty much taste nothing.  I just get throat hit.  I guess maybe that would be like a raw alcohol taste, maybe?

What flavor are you vaping? Also, what's the PG/VG ratio? Like @Walt said, the bad taste could also be coming from the fact that you have a bad cold, have vaper's tongue, and bad taste buds. Make sure you're drinking lots of water (not soda/pop, coffee, tea or juice -- just water). Vaping dehydrates you and the "vaper's tongue" you mentioned is basically dehydration.

2 hours ago, Tam said:

What flavor are you vaping? Also, what's the PG/VG ratio? Like @Walt said, the bad taste could also be coming from the fact that you have a bad cold, have vaper's tongue, and bad taste buds. Make sure you're drinking lots of water (not soda/pop, coffee, tea or juice -- just water). Vaping dehydrates you and the "vaper's tongue" you mentioned is basically dehydration.

It tastes like rubbing alcohol. Ive been drinking water. I also have dry mouth i need something like biotine. These coils in this ego aio looks like they have no entrances for juice. Idk. Im using 5050 mixed with 7525 pgvg

2 hours ago, Tam said:

Im vaping bubble gum flav

Did you know that more PG there is in an eliquid, the harsher it is on your throat to vape? The 50/50 shouldn't be too bad, and with that much PG in your juice (the 50/50 added to 75/25), that should make the eliquid pretty thin so your coil should be wicking it just fine with no real dry hits to speak of. The flavor of the bubble gum could be a little on the harsher side... depending. I'd go with some thing smoother like vanilla or some kind of bakery flavor with a cream/milk/ice cream/bavarian cream to ease the vape. Drink more water. The dry mouth will ease once you're hydrated sufficiently. Instead of using Biotine, I'd just go brush my tongue -- gently. Then, drink more water.

3 hours ago, Tam said:

Did you know that more PG there is in an eliquid, the harsher it is on your throat to vape? The 50/50 shouldn't be too bad, and with that much PG in your juice (the 50/50 added to 75/25), that should make the eliquid pretty thin so your coil should be wicking it just fine with no real dry hits to speak of. The flavor of the bubble gum could be a little on the harsher side... depending. I'd go with some thing smoother like vanilla or some kind of bakery flavor with a cream/milk/ice cream/bavarian cream to ease the vape. Drink more water. The dry mouth will ease once you're hydrated sufficiently. Instead of using Biotine, I'd just go brush my tongue -- gently. Then, drink more water.

thanks. it was my 12mg of nic plus not brushing my tougne im using 3mg of nic now

• 1 year later...