I hit a snag. Any suggestions?

I'm revisiting MTL and have found I enjoy it as well as DL.  @Tam recommended a Triton MTL tank and it is doing a wonderful job but I still have it in my head I want to have a rebuildable for MTL.  The mod I have will only fire one ohm or higher.  I tried a Merlin MTL and while I can get it to work it's like waiting for the cows to come home as far as ramp up.  It has the same single coil configuration that a sub ohm would have for a coil with a large vapor chamber.  How does one build something that will act like the little premade vertical coils in a high resistance MTL atty? 

5 minutes ago, Tam said:

You get something like this for the Triton tank you already have:  http://www.myvaporstore.com/Aspire-Triton-RTA-System-p/ap-trt60.htm

Wow!  This is going to be a challenge.  Those are some dinky little cans to build in.  Got two on order.  Can't wait to see how this works out. 

1 hour ago, Walt said:

Wow!  This is going to be a challenge.  Those are some dinky little cans to build in.  Got two on order.  Can't wait to see how this works out. 

Please let me know how you do with those. I've got several but never used them since I've been able to get the premade coils.  :) 

1 hour ago, Tam said:

Please let me know how you do with those. I've got several but never used them since I've been able to get the premade coils.  :) 

Will do.  Should have them by end of week. 

On 10/31/2017 at 12:06 PM, Tam said:

OooPsie!!!  Well, they build up a lot easier than I thought they would looking at them.  I used 5 wraps of Kanthal on a 3.5mm rod and got about 1.5Ω.  Had to do a little adjusting with a needle nose pliers so the coil didn't touch the vapor chamber but nothing too difficult.  Coil fired up nicely.  But.... I went to put the base into the tank and the realization came.  They changed coils between the V1 and V2 of the Triton.  No workie.  Threading on the top of the coils is entirely different.  Oh well... Want a couple more coil kits? 

29 minutes ago, Walt said:

OooPsie!!!  Well, they build up a lot easier than I thought they would looking at them.  I used 5 wraps of Kanthal on a 3.5mm rod and got about 1.5Ω.  Had to do a little adjusting with a needle nose pliers so the coil didn't touch the vapor chamber but nothing too difficult.  Coil fired up nicely.  But.... I went to put the base into the tank and the realization came.  They changed coils between the V1 and V2 of the Triton.  No workie.  Threading on the top of the coils is entirely different.  Oh well... Want a couple more coil kits? 

So you got the V1 Triton and the rebuildable coils don't fit?

Edited by Tam

5 minutes ago, Tam said:

So you got the V1 Triton and the rebuildable coils don't fit?

For the Triton I have the coils have male threads at the top.  For the RBA heads I got the threads at the top are female.  I need a gender changer. 

27 minutes ago, Walt said:

For the Triton I have the coils have male threads at the top.  For the RBA heads I got the threads at the top are female.  I need a gender changer. 

Haven't had enough coffee to kick start the brain so bear with me. On the plastic box that the Triton tank came in, does is say Triton 2?

Is there an airflow adjuster on the top just under the drip tip/mouthpiece?

Edited by Tam

2 minutes ago, Tam said:

Haven't had enough coffee to kick start the brain so bear with me. On the plastic box that the Triton tank came in, does is say Triton 2?

Is there an airflow adjuster on the top just under the drip tip/mouthpiece?

Not to worry.  I snooped a little on line and the Triton 2 does not have an RBA option.  So what I got were Triton 1 RBA kits.  If you would like them I will shoot them off to you.  They aren't bad to build.  Nobody has stock of Triton 1's anymore that I can find. 

32 minutes ago, Walt said:

@Tam  I got the V2, I think.  Not sure.  I put the box in the cabinet behind the chair that takes forever to get to. 

Sorry, saw this after I wrote the reply above. Still want to know about the airflow adjuster. The V2, they took the top one out. The V1, there are two airflow adjusters, one on top and one on bottom.

Just now, Walt said:

Not to worry.  I snooped a little on line and the Triton 2 does not have an RBA option.  So what I got were Triton 1 RBA kits.  If you would like them I will shoot them off to you.  They aren't bad to build.  Nobody has stock of Triton 1's anymore that I can find. 

I have one Triton 1 and about 4 (if I remember correctly without going to check), RBA kits that I haven't opened or checked. Feh. Shows what happens when I assume the kits will fit both versions without having to worry that they're only compatible to one. Ugh.

Looks like vaping.com still has the version 1

https://vaping.com/triton

3 minutes ago, Tam said:

Looks like Discount Vapers also has them in stock

http://www.discountvapers.com/aspire-triton-tank/

Of the two vendors I prefer this one better. In the past I've done hundreds of dollars worth of business with Discount.

Snagged one!  Onward and upward!  I'll let you know again when it comes in, lol.

3 minutes ago, Tam said:

Since I was on the Discount website I wound up buying more 1.8 ohm coils for my Triton V2s. *sighs* Didn't mean to spend any money today... best intentions just went south. I blame YOU!   :lol: 

Blahahahahaha!  Not even my dearest!  I have a separate "Tam" account in quickbooks! 

Little late to the game, but not too late.

Might I suggest a Lemo 1 (if you can find one)?  This is an awesome, and in my opinion highly underrated, MTL RTA.  Single coil deck that is really easy to build on.  It's kind of a PITA to fill, (a needlepoint bottle is virtually a must), but with MTL you aren't burning through as much liquid.  This was actually the second tank I ever bought and I still keep it in regular rotation.  I should have hit up one of the local stores during their "going out of business" sale...they had about a dozen marked down to $5 a pop.

2 hours ago, Adversarious1 said:

Little late to the game, but not too late.

Might I suggest a Lemo 1 (if you can find one)?  This is an awesome, and in my opinion highly underrated, MTL RTA.  Single coil deck that is really easy to build on.  It's kind of a PITA to fill, (a needlepoint bottle is virtually a must), but with MTL you aren't burning through as much liquid.  This was actually the second tank I ever bought and I still keep it in regular rotation.  I should have hit up one of the local stores during their "going out of business" sale...they had about a dozen marked down to $5 a pop.

I found a Eleaf Lemo 2. and an Lemo drop.  Which one do you think would be closer?

8 hours ago, Walt said:

I found a Eleaf Lemo 2. and an Lemo drop.  Which one do you think would be closer?

The Lemo Drop will be closer.  It's just a shorter Lemo 1.  Otherwise it's identical.  In fact, before they released the Lemo Drop as a tank, Eleaf sold a "Drop" kit for the Lemo.

Another suggestion would be a Russian 91%.  I started digging through some of my older gear. 

You started vaping too late @Walt.  There were lots of wonderful "toys" even as recently as a couple of years ago.  Oh...and the KPT 3.  I have 4 or 5 of those.  Awesome little MTL tanks.

Edited by Adversarious1

@Tam & @Adversarious1  The Triton 1 came in today.  No go.  The RBA coils still don't fit just right and flood like crazy.  I'm going to give up on the RBA Triton coils now.  Not a big deal.  On the brighter side I like the Triton 1 better than the Triton 2, lol.  I put it on the ML Class at 16W with the 1.8Ω coil and it puts out a vape that I really like.  Should make the battery last a while too, lol.  That was always an issue with the ML.  Seemed like three puffs and time to change the battery.  Really nice loose MTL with a lot of flavor.  I don't mind stocking coils for that.  I willing to bet with the 50/50 citrus blend I use the coils will last for awhile too.  Happy as a clam.