First MOSFET Mod Build

MRSpivey

Well... I've got several Mods in process but the one I'm fully doing on my own is a Hammond 1590BBK dual MOSFET dual 900 mAh LiPo with dual battery meters to monitor each cell pack. It's called the Pheonix since I'm using a lot of spare parts on hand to make it. I'm still waiting on the battery meters and a dual Schottky diode to come in the mail. This beast will be capable of 30 Amps continuous current. Below is the case after laser etching.

55033a0ee3b257fd61ba3dacd0423d6e.jpg

Well... I've got several Mods in process but the one I'm fully doing on my own is a Hammond 1590BBK dual MOSFET dual 900 mAh LiPo with dual battery meters to monitor each cell pack. It's called the Pheonix since I'm using a lot of spare parts on hand to make it. I'm still waiting on the battery meters and a dual Schottky diode to come in the mail. This beast will be capable of 30 Amps continuous current. Below is the case after laser etching.
55033a0ee3b257fd61ba3dacd0423d6e.jpg&key=e4f5795a01a1860cf9fe34c6764b80e424d6fbce7bd3c355b0ec79b7416120a2

Error in post, continuous current is 60A. Cells are 3S 30C.

Well... I spent time in the man cave (AKA garage) and worked on the Phoenix Mod a bit. Put the magnets in the enclosure, soldered the MOSFETS together, and segregated parts into a box for it. Still waiting on two critical parts to arrive before I do the layout on the case and drill holes. I'm kinda stuck until I get those parts.

Thanks. Going to put up a revised drawing. I ran out of room to put everything in it I wanted. So, I've gone to a three wire LED VM to act as a pilot (mod on) light reading 0.00 and relative atomizer voltage in PWM mode (and actual voltage in unregulated mode) when the fire button is pushed. The pilot LED had to be removed from play or the LED VM. Obviously conclusion for me.

Putting up a revised drawing. I ran out of room to put everything in the Mod that I wanted. So, I've gone to a three wire LED VM to act as a pilot (Mod on) light reading 0.00, provide a relative voltage (for adjusting) in PWM mode, and actual voltage in unregulated mode when the fire button is pushed. The pilot LED or the LED VM had to be removed from play. Obviously selection for me. Bye bye pilot (on indicator) LED.

5a05e25b31851_PhoenixWiringDualModeR2.thumb.jpg.03c318229aa31d1f353b0ac23c00841e.jpg

7 minutes ago, MRSpivey said:

That is for adjusting the pulse duration of the 555 when in PWM mode.

Quite a rig there @Mrspivey!  I'm impressed for sure.  Definitely not a beginner mod.  First mod I've seen with user definable pulse width.  Makes perfect sense however.  Love it!!!