I've done the unthinkable

Walt

Friday, if all goes as planned I will have a mechanical mod.  Yes, a.k.a. pipe bomb.  Dental reconstruction device.  Chemically induced flame thrower.  You can call me Grog.  I'm  planning initial launch this Saturday.  Luke, join the dark side. 

There's nothing wrong with a mechanical mod, I have several. Just be sure to only use quality batteries, build and check coils for proper resistance, and always lock the button before putting away or into a pocket so it doesn't fire on its own and you'll be fine. Welcome to the dark side.  :)  Oh, and use battery cases to carry spares. Yep. You'll be just fine.

56 minutes ago, cany said:

I have always wanted too try one But dont think I ever will

Same here.  But then the calling to the dark side came.  A whisper in the distance.  Naw.  I just wanted to be Grog for a minute. 

Me Vape!!

3 hours ago, Walt said:

Didn't see that commin.  Surprised, but not surprised.  The most amazing Tam.

My favorite is the Magneto I bought from @Compenstine when he had his store, the button action is so smooth and it's a great workhorse. The next favorite after that is the K100 that I won at the first vape meet I ever attended, it's a clone of the ever so hard to get Empire Mod. That thing is solid and indestructible. The VT store had several K100 mods on sale for like $5 a piece. If they still have some, I'd recommend it.   :) 

8 minutes ago, Tam said:

My favorite is the Magneto I bought from @Compenstine when he had his store, the button action is so smooth and it's a great workhorse. The next favorite after that is the K100 that I won at the first vape meet I ever attended, it's a clone of the ever so hard to get Empire Mod. That thing is solid and indestructible. The VT store had several K100 mods on sale for like $5 a piece. If they still have some, I'd recommend it.   :) 

No luck this time.  All gone.  I did take down your other suggestions for something to research if I can bond with the one coming.  I love this hobby!  

@cany @Tam @VapeMama

Ok, it all come in yesterday, the wire and the mod.  I spun up some K1 2x26+36 parallel and wound up a 5 wrap on a 3mm rod.  Put it in a 22mm Tsunami.  It was a little confusing.  The mod came with a bunch of extra tubing for different batteries and no instructions.  I found a video.  So here it is in all it's glory.  Honestly, it was a little anticlimactic.  I was half expecting a monster flame thrower or something.  It is a nice little vape though.  The raw simplicity of the thing is kinda alluring. 

Nemisis.jpg

14 minutes ago, VapeMama said:

Nice! Sleek looking!

That's a great word to describe it.  Did a show last night and I kinda wish I would have had it with me.  Did some hob nobin around and my vape started a lot of conversations.  A lot of folks curious. 

26 minutes ago, Christopher said:

...Back in my day, mechanical mods are all we had. And we had vape them uphill, both ways. 

OMG!  That is truly hilarious.  Bravo!  Seriously, I laughed out loud.  My cat thinks I've flipped.  I'm diggin this thing.  I put a little Serpent Mini with a .33Ω build on it tonight and I am getting a really sweet vape off of it.  It's almost like temp control.  Ramps up pretty quickly and then just kinda maintains a mildly warm vape.  Nice long inhale and just enough power to the coil to make the flavor shine.  I'm having all together too much fun with this vaping thing.  One of my first mods was an Eleaf something or other that was a rather fat tube style mod with a 22mm mello atty.  The battery didn't last long and I've always wanted one that would take an 18650.  Well,  this mech fits the bill.  Funny, @Tam mentioned that you had some tube mechs on sale and after thinking back for a bit I realized I was eyeing the things but didn't know what they were.  I thought they were some kind of weird clear-o-mizer.  Now I get it.  They were telescoping mechs.  Daaaaaa.  Oh well, I'm sure they got a good home, lol. 

Walt I have started making box mods. I did not know that I was missing. I made a series squonk box mod. It is great.
Everything is dangerous if used incorrectly. Drive your car with your eyes closed. 🤡
There is a ton of information to stay safe or you have a pipe bomb. Your choice. Be safe and vape on.

5 hours ago, leadpipe58 said:

Walt I have started making box mods. I did not know that I was missing. I made a series squonk box mod. It is great.
Everything is dangerous if used incorrectly. Drive your car with your eyes closed. 🤡
There is a ton of information to stay safe or you have a pipe bomb. Your choice. Be safe and vape on.

Wow!  Excellent!  Picture please! 

I just can't get over the fire button.  Super smooth.  Just floats in and out.  Have a little Serpent mini on it and am getting a vape as good as any regulated mod.  Just plain nice. 

Yeah, the Magneto is a great mech mod... of all the ones I own or have owned, those with magnetic buttons are my favorites... I really should get one out of mothballs someday and fire it back up?

I really liked my Copper Penny, but it had a spring-fire-button... so I ordered the magnet conversion for it, lol... the magnets are the only parts of it that aren't pure copper now, but the button is 50x better... and it wasn't horrible with a spring to begin with! :)