Decisions, decisions!

I'm going to be getting myself a new mod in the next month and am having a hard time deciding between the Smok OSub King and the Smoant Battlestar. The price points are only $12-14 different so I'm not concerned with that. The King comes as a kit with a matching Big Baby Beast and the Battlestar is mod only.

I know I want a 2 battery mod and both of these are dual batts. I have read reviews from anywhere and everywhere and they both seem to be excellent mods. I saw the Smoant Charon, but it's a bit bigger and I'm klutsy enough with smaller mods. That one is out of the picture.

Anyone have pros or cons to either or both?

Wow, wish I could help but I don't own either of them.  I get the sense that Smoant is putting out a bit better quality consistently, but I really can't even qualify that.  Just from catching chatter. 

17 minutes ago, VapeMama said:

Probably going with the Battlestar. I think the size/form factor etc are more what I want, than the King.

I see where a lot of folks speak very highly of them.  Smok scares the ba-jesus out of me.  They release a new mod every fifteen minutes (ok exaggeration).  I just can't envision a lot of quality testing going on in development or manufacture.  But who knows.  Time will tell.  

I have 3 dual battery mods, the most reliable one so far has been a Kanger 120w, I rarely go over 30w, but I have had it since they came out. (2-3 years)  I mostly only use dual battery mods at home because of the long battery life.

9 minutes ago, VapeMama said:

Here it is, with the Limitless Classic on it. Now I'm on the hunt for a rainbow tank (probably will end up with a BBB).

IMG_0030.jpg

Sweet!  Beautiful looking mod.  Very sharp. 

6 minutes ago, VapeMama said:

Performance in the last couple hours is flawless. Going to try temp control in the next couple of days.

After you do give a hollor.  You've probably noticed I kinda like TC......

• 5 weeks later...

@Walt finally got around to wrapping some SS316 coils and trying the TC on the Battlestar.  3mm ID, 8 wraps (0.2 ohm) dual coils on the Limitless Plus. I have it set at 220-230 degrees F with some Grape Cream I made. (Any higher temp is too warm for me!). I don't particularly like that the wattage is preset on the mod (100W), but it is smooth and no lag. Flavor is good and I'm a foggin' up the living room!

31 minutes ago, VapeMama said:

@Walt finally got around to wrapping some SS316 coils and trying the TC on the Battlestar.  3mm ID, 8 wraps (0.2 ohm) dual coils on the Limitless Plus. I have it set at 220-230 degrees F with some Grape Cream I made. (Any higher temp is too warm for me!). I don't particularly like that the wattage is preset on the mod (100W), but it is smooth and no lag. Flavor is good and I'm a foggin' up the living room!

Bravo!!!  Don't sweat the 100W setting on the mod.  It will only be at that power setting for literately milliseconds at the beginning of a vape and then substantially lower as the mod takes over using the TC.  I'm so glad you tried it.  I find that I can create a lot of fog as well because the vape is so smooth I can keep on drawing as long as I like just letting that fog mount up.  

1 hour ago, VapeMama said:

I just read in the mod manual that NC can be used for temp control as well. I'm guessing this is NiChrome???? I hope so, I like working with NiChrome better than SS.

Sorry only Nichole, Titanium, and Stainless.  Ni chrome is a no go.  

51 minutes ago, VapeMama said:

The manual lists Ni, Ti, SS, and NC. Hmm, wonder what the NC is then. Inquiring minds want to know!!

No idea.  Google doesn't seem to know either.  

1 minute ago, FXRich said:

NC is for Ni chrome, I have that setting on my Kanger mods, and it does work. I prefer SS but have tried NC using Ni chrome coils.

Wow.   The TCR value of that stuff is like mega low.  That's amazing to hear that it actually works.  

2 hours ago, FXRich said:

NC also works for Kanthal, but the temp setting has to be very low or it will be too hot. Not something I do regularly, but have tried it.

Just doesn't sound very stable but I guess it couldn't really hurt anything.