Tanks with high airflow

12 minutes ago, Walt said:

Sorry about the delay.  I had to turn over the computer to my wife for an hour.  Webinar for being the National Honor Societies coordinator for her school.  Yea!  Now she can put in 26 hours a day. 

My coils are SS though?

6 minutes ago, 6oh4life said:

My coils are SS though?

In that case I'm stumped.  My Alien would jump out of TC and revert back to power on occasion but when it stayed in TC it did a pretty ok job of hitting temperature. 

3 hours ago, 6oh4life said:

My coils are SS though?

Are you 100% positive the coils are SS?  Many coils are mistaken as SS because the housing is SS and stamped as such, but the actual coil material may be Kanthal, NiChrome, Nickel, SS, or perhaps a blended/woven coil like a Clapton or some of the twisted versions?

Even the Kanger coils that I know are Ni200 (blue o-rings) are stamped SS on the body of the coil housing, because that is what it is made of... yet the coils are Nickel.

22 minutes ago, Earthling789 said:

Are you 100% positive the coils are SS?  Many coils are mistaken as SS because the housing is SS and stamped as such, but the actual coil material may be Kanthal, NiChrome, Nickel, SS, or perhaps a blended/woven coil like a Clapton or some of the twisted versions?

Even the Kanger coils that I know are Ni200 (blue o-rings) are stamped SS on the body of the coil housing, because that is what it is made of... yet the coils are Nickel.

Your post made me look.  Here are the only TFV12 coils I could find:

Capture.JPG

1 hour ago, Earthling789 said:

It says SS on the box of them.

9 hours ago, FXRich said:

Not trying to spam anybody, but this link tells me Smok V12 uses a SS body with Kanthal coils.

I had looked up the same info directly from Smok... SS body, but no mention of anything other than Kanthal being used as coil material.  This would explain why TC is not working when using the V12.

2 hours ago, Earthling789 said:

I had looked up the same info directly from Smok... SS body, but no mention of anything other than Kanthal being used as coil material.  This would explain why TC is not working when using the V12.

Hmmm, ok. Yeah I went to my local Shop and they don't even carry that mini tank. I may check the regular one I go to near my old house.

1 minute ago, 6oh4life said:

Hmmm, ok. Yeah I went to my local Shop and they don't even carry that mini tank. I may check the regular one I go to near my old house.

If you want to use TC with the Subtank mini (or the newer version, Toptank mini), you'll need coils compatible with TC (and make sure your mod is in the correct mode for coil-type used):

Ni200 (blue o-ring)
316L SS (Pink o-ring)

NiChrome coils (red o-ring) can be used for TC with some mods, which are capable of TCR with NiChrome, but results are spotty or you constantly have to play with it... 

1 hour ago, Earthling789 said:

If you want to use TC with the Subtank mini (or the newer version, Toptank mini), you'll need coils compatible with TC (and make sure your mod is in the correct mode for coil-type used):

Ni200 (blue o-ring)
316L SS (Pink o-ring)

NiChrome coils (red o-ring) can be used for TC with some mods, which are capable of TCR with NiChrome, but results are spotty or you constantly have to play with it... 

Sorry, I have only been doing this a few months. You're talking about an O ring? I'm a bit lost.

9 minutes ago, 6oh4life said:

Sorry, I have only been doing this a few months. You're talking about an O ring? I'm a bit lost.

The orings at the bottom of the coils are different colors for  each wire

21 minutes ago, 6oh4life said:

11 minutes ago, cany said:

The orings at the bottom of the coils are different colors for  each wire

Here is an image of a Kanger SSOCC Ni200 coil... notice the blue o-ring at the bottom?

Image result for kanger ssocc coils

Notice the Red o-ring at the bottom of this one... it is a 0.5 Ohm NiChrome coil:

Clapton coils have a black o-ring, and 316L SS coils have a pink o-ring

Image result for kanger ssocc coils clapton

Edited by Earthling789

3 hours ago, Earthling789 said:

Here is an image of a Kanger SSOCC Ni200 coil... notice the blue o-ring at the bottom?

Notice the Red o-ring at the bottom of this one... it is a 0.5 Ohm NiChrome coil:

Clapton coils have a black o-ring, and 316L SS coils have a pink o-ring

Image result for kanger ssocc coils clapton

So I want a blue or pink O ring?

On 10/6/2017 at 8:28 AM, 6oh4life said:

You may have trouble finding a Subtank mini, I think they might be discontinued, you probably should be looking for a Toptank mini which is the same tank but fills from the top instead of the bottom.