Tanks with high airflow

So I am currently running the V12, and I love the airflow, however I hate how expensive my coils are, as well as how fast I burn through them. I am not fond of tanks that require you to inhale hard, I like very free flowing ones (Like my v12). Does anyone have any recommendations for any smaller, cheaper ones that have similar airflow?

2 hours ago, 6oh4life said:

So I am currently running the V12, and I love the airflow, however I hate how expensive my coils are, as well as how fast I burn through them. I am not fond of tanks that require you to inhale hard, I like very free flowing ones (Like my v12). Does anyone have any recommendations for any smaller, cheaper ones that have similar airflow?

I don't have a V12, but the Subtank minis that I usually use have a airflow that is pretty wide open, there are many tanks that have a lot of airflow and everyone has their own favorite.

RTA, and RDA tanks have the most open airflow in my opinion, but they also require you to build your own coils, or buy pre made coils that you just replace.

I have a subtank mini as well. Not as free flowing as my Baby Beast, but not too bad. The main thing I have found with the subtank mini is that the coils themselves vary greatly with the "freeness" of the draw. One coil is not the same as the next even out of the same 5 pack.

I also have a MELO 3, again not as free flowing as the Baby Beast, but more consistent than the subtank mini IMO.

Edited by Squid

I use Subtank minis (and the top-fill versions too)... almost exclusively since they came out with them about two years ago.  I've tried others and keep coming back to the subtanks...  I have a Baby Beast, which has great airflow, but I'm not fond of the coils... and it is a huge juice-hog without giving flavor on-par with the volume it churns.  I use the Subtanks with 316L SS coils in TC mode most often, but also use plenty of the 0.5 and 1.2 Ohm coils in Wattage-mode, too... as well as build my own coils for the RBA insert.  They have great airflow (for me), and the flavor is darn good too.

The secondary reason I keep coming back to the Subtank Mini (and the smaller version, Subtank Nano) and recommend them so often is the price (and availability)... the tanks are cheap compared to many others, they last for years, parts are easy to get (bases, o-rings, Pyrex tubes), and the coils are available just about anywhere vape-gear is sold (and they have tons of style and resistance options).

10 hours ago, Earthling789 said:

I use Subtank minis (and the top-fill versions too)... almost exclusively since they came out with them about two years ago.  I've tried others and keep coming back to the subtanks...  I have a Baby Beast, which has great airflow, but I'm not fond of the coils... and it is a huge juice-hog without giving flavor on-par with the volume it churns.  I use the Subtanks with 316L SS coils in TC mode most often, but also use plenty of the 0.5 and 1.2 Ohm coils in Wattage-mode, too... as well as build my own coils for the RBA insert.  They have great airflow (for me), and the flavor is darn good too.

The secondary reason I keep coming back to the Subtank Mini (and the smaller version, Subtank Nano) and recommend them so often is the price (and availability)... the tanks are cheap compared to many others, they last for years, parts are easy to get (bases, o-rings, Pyrex tubes), and the coils are available just about anywhere vape-gear is sold (and they have tons of style and resistance options).

I may pick one up today. I like that it has the capabilities of being a hybrid and have premade coils. I tried messing with TC mode but never really worked good for me. Seems like it takes so much time to get it up to temp.

6 minutes ago, cany said:

I set mine 500 @30W and it hits temp real fast plain old NI wire build on a subtank mini

Hmmm. Yeah I just tried mine, and I have it at 600 and it takes like three seconds and I don't get like any hit from it compared to on Watt.

2 minutes ago, 6oh4life said:

Hmmm. Yeah I just tried mine, and I have it at 600 and it takes like three seconds and I don't get like any hit from it compared to on Watt.

Drop the temp down see if it ramps up faster

1 minute ago, cany said:

Could be the tank if you pickup the subtank mini give it a try in it

Yeah, that's what I would think. Cause it's such a small tank. Since the Subtank is only a single coil, do you have to run it at lower wattage? Or Temp? Or its the same as any other tank?

2 hours ago, 6oh4life said:

Yeah, that's what I would think. Cause it's such a small tank. Since the Subtank is only a single coil, do you have to run it at lower wattage? Or Temp? Or its the same as any other tank?

What are you using for a mod?  All mods do not do TC the same way and some claim TC but don't accomplish it. 

21 minutes ago, Walt said:

What are you using for a mod?  All mods do not do TC the same way and some claim TC but don't accomplish it. 

Good point Walt! 

I have a subtank/coil combo that runs great at 330F and 45W (0.5 Ohm Coil) on my kbox 75W mod, but switch the same tank to another mod and I have to crank it to 60W and 450F to get the same vape.  I have one mod that claims TC but it only works "okay" on Ni setting with Ni200 coils... SS, Ti, or TCR settings (using the appropriate SS/Ti/NiCr coils) do nothing but apply max wattage and fry my coils before TC kicks in :(  

1 hour ago, Walt said:

Smok Alien. No matter how much I mess with the settings I get a very light hit, almost no cloud, and essentially no flavor at all, with temp at least.

Edited by 6oh4life

10 minutes ago, 6oh4life said:

Smok Alien. No matter how much I mess with the settings I get a very light hit, almost no cloud, and essentially no flavor at all, with temp at least.

From what I read in your original post you use the V12 as with any of the beast tanks from what I have heard are not designed to be used with TC they have kanthal coils, and probably too many coils for TC to properly function.

9 minutes ago, FXRich said:

From what I read in your original post you use the V12 as with any of the beast tanks from what I have heard are not designed to be used with TC they have kanthal coils, and probably too many coils for TC to properly function.

I'll second that for sure.  A Kanthal coil would drive the Alien nuts in TC mode.  TC counts on the coil changing it's resistance at a known rate as temperature changes and Kanthal does not change enough to be detected.  It's surprising to me how few premade coils state the material used.  Kanthal and Nichrome are the usual standards. 

Sorry about the delay.  I had to turn over the computer to my wife for an hour.  Webinar for being the National Honor Societies coordinator for her school.  Yea!  Now she can put in 26 hours a day.