TFV12- Burning Coils like Nothing

So I've had my V12 for a few months now, and I am lucky if I get a coil to last 3-5 days. I fully prime them both before I put the coil in and after. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I also start it off at a low setting and work my way up. I used to vape at 120, but went down to 80 hoping it would make my coils last longer, but with no change.

Any tips or advice?

Dark and sweet juices are "coil killers"... they gum up the coil quicker than others.

I've no experience with the V12, but I've read others saying the coils didn't last more than a couple weeks, and will say that sometimes "bigger isn't better", but I know that doesn't help your situation.

You might try thinning your juice a bit with a few drops of distilled water in each tank-full... this will help the juice wick better and prevent burning the coil/cotton due to dry hits.

How do these juices do in other tanks?  It may just be these juices don't like the V12?  I know I have juices that work great, but only in specific tanks or a specific coil/tank combo...

I seem to have always had issues with my Coils lasting more than a week, even before the V12. My roommate also vapes, and he uses the exact same juice as me and his lasts for two weeks sometimes. I'm lucky if I only go through two in a week. I have tried changing my ohms, and I went from vaping at 120 to 65-75. And I maybe get one more day out of it.  I even attempted temperature control but its not my thing.

Normally I use things that are cinnamon, French toast or milky, cookies, etc. Ive never been huge on the fruity ones.

Edited by 6oh4life

Between the juices you like and the temperatures you like, you may be getting what you can out of a premade coil.  Ever give any consideration to RBA's?  I fully get not wanting to play around with a bunch of thin wire but I get a lot better performance all the way around with RBAs.  Flavor, fog, longevity.  Just an option. 

15 minutes ago, Walt said:

Between the juices you like and the temperatures you like, you may be getting what you can out of a premade coil.  Ever give any consideration to RBA's?  I fully get not wanting to play around with a bunch of thin wire but I get a lot better performance all the way around with RBAs.  Flavor, fog, longevity.  Just an option. 

RBA is drip, correct? I gave drip a shot for a bit but kinda got annoying, the ease of using a tank is just so much easier.

Just now, 6oh4life said:

RBA is drip, correct? I gave drip a shot for a bit but kinda got annoying, the ease of using a tank is just so much easier.

RBA is kind of a generic term.  Re-Buildable Atomizer.  RDA is the drip.  Re-Buildable Drip Atomizer.  RTA; Re-Buildable Tank Atmoizer.  Then there are RDTA's GTA's and all kinds of eieio's.  Too many acronyms, lol. 

10 minutes ago, Walt said:

RBA is kind of a generic term.  Re-Buildable Atomizer.  RDA is the drip.  Re-Buildable Drip Atomizer.  RTA; Re-Buildable Tank Atmoizer.  Then there are RDTA's GTA's and all kinds of eieio's.  Too many acronyms, lol. 

Haha, yeah. I got into Vaping about six months back because I was a heavy chewer (Im super redneck, so its funny to see me vape) lol. But I was going through a bag of Redman in 2-3 days so I needed to do something. There was a lot to learn with vaping. But yeah, I never really liked drips. What kind of juices will generally extend the life of the coil? The coils are so expensive for a V12 but it's the only  tank I actually like. I hate tanks with super restrictive ports where you have to suck super hard, which is why I love the V12 so much. I can basically breathe almost normally and be comfortable.

Edited by 6oh4life

1 minute ago, 6oh4life said:

Haha, yeah. I got into Vaping about six months back because I was a heavy chewer (Im super redneck, so its funny to see me vape) lol. But I was going through a bag of Redman in 2-3 days so I needed to do something. There was a lot to learn with vaping. But yeah, I never really liked drips. What kind of juices will generally extend the life of the coil? The coils are so expensive for a V12 but it's the only  tank I actually like. I hate tanks with super restrictive ports where you have to suck super hard.

Sorry to say, the ones you don't like, lol.  Fruits without a lot of sweetener are the best I've found for making a coil last.  I guess I'm fortunate in that regard, those are the juices I like to vape.  Everybody enjoys vaping differently and I don't want to "stir the pot" but as an example I get about a month out of my RTA's using temperature control and fruit based juices.  It just worked out that I enjoyed things that make coils last. 

Same here... fruity, tart juices tend to make a coil last way longer for me.  My heavy vanilla or heavy sweet juices tend to last half as long.

On my RTA's, like @Walt, I get a month or more out of the coil, but I may have to re-wick it every 7-14 days?  A small price to pay for the convenience of a great vape and long lasting coil...

Another thing to consider is the number of tankfulls you're going through, compared to your roommate?  Sometimes, when we look at the number of days, we're compare apples to Buicks... If you were a heavy chewer, you may be a heavy vaper... a coil may last you through 10 tanks, but you rip through 10 tanks in 3 days... whereas your roomate may vape a tank a day, thus his coils last 10 days (same 10 tankfulls)?

I think Earthling was right about adding a few drops of water to the tank.

Over a year ago I started to mix a Cherry Cheesecake juice that I really liked, on a good day I could get maybe 2 tanks on a coil (subtank mini with RBA), so I put the recipe on the back burner. A few months ago I started making it again, but instead of using a 70%VG/30%PG ratio I used a 70%VG/20%PG/10% distilled water mix, now I get 4 - 5 tanks on a coil. Can't say for sure why a little water will make the coil last longer, but it does.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 11:36 PM, 6oh4life said:

So back to this discussion. One of my other friends chain vapes like a mad man and his V12 coils still last a week at least. I normally vape 80/20 which I heard is best for a V12? 

I am not sure if you are still watching this thread, but the V12 has some of the same issues I noted on the Baby-T6 with the 6 elements.  You have to make sure you are getting PLENTY of liquid to the coils for it to work correctly.  I only vape the mint mixes, but I normally get a month or so from a coil, and I am a heavy vaper and usually refill my Baby Beast 2-3 times a day.  I put in a write-up on another thread regarding using distilled water to thin the liquid a bit to get better results.  I also just posted another thread on these coils on how I needed to "doctor" the T6 coils for best results.  Please take a look and see if any of that helps.