Newbie to DIY e juice

SheVapes

Hi :))       I'm new here.  I have been vaping disposable ecigs that ship from south central FL, needless to say it was some time before they could fill orders (Irma was a b*tch.  I'm in NE FL, and glad I didn't get hit worse than I did.   That was a scary storm btw).  .....  back to topic,     So I stopped at my local vape shop and purchased a pen.  I'm happy about making this switch. I like knowing what's in the juice I'm vaping vs a made in China disposable),  and happy about being more earth friendly too!  Win.Win.   

I want to mix 100% VG e juice w/ 10mg nicotine / no flavor...  please check my recipe to make sure I have this right.

1 mL nicotine (from 100mg nicotine in VG base)

9 mL distilled water    *has anyone tried using RO water instead of distilled?  Should I increase the amount of water?*

90 mL VG

= 100 mL unflavored vape juice with 1.0% or 10mg of nicotine

-------

right now I have the Endura T18 / complete vaping system, and I'm vaping flavorless 50/50.  and this works well.  but I want to eliminate the PG bc I think I have a sensitivity to it. 

I understand that 100 VG is killer on the coil.  *Can you recommend a complete system that is simple and easy to use, charge, and vape that would handle the 100% VG?*

TIA!  have a wonderful day!  :relaxed:

52 minutes ago, SheVapes said:

Hi :))       I'm new here.  I have been vaping disposable ecigs that ship from south central FL, needless to say it was some time before they could fill orders (Irma was a b*tch.  I'm in NE FL, and glad I didn't get hit worse than I did.   That was a scary storm btw).  .....  back to topic,     So I stopped at my local vape shop and purchased a pen.  I'm happy about making this switch. I like knowing what's in the juice I'm vaping vs a made in China disposable),  and happy about being more earth friendly too!  Win.Win.   

I want to mix 100% VG e juice w/ 10mg nicotine / no flavor...  please check my recipe to make sure I have this right.

1 mL nicotine (from 100mg nicotine in VG base)

9 mL distilled water    *has anyone tried using RO water instead of distilled?  Should I increase the amount of water?*

90 mL VG

= 100 mL unflavored vape juice with 1.0% or 10mg of nicotine

-------

right now I have the Endura T18 / complete vaping system, and I'm vaping flavorless 50/50.  and this works well.  but I want to eliminate the PG bc I think I have a sensitivity to it. 

I understand that 100 VG is killer on the coil.  *Can you recommend a complete system that is simple and easy to use, charge, and vape that would handle the 100% VG?*

TIA!  have a wonderful day!  :relaxed:

If you want a 10mg final result you will need to add 10 ml of 100mg base, there are non PG flavorings available that use a water/alcohol base.

I use 10% distilled water in my recipes, we have a well, and I'm not sure whats in it so I don't use it. Most city tap water has chemicals in it that probably are not good to vape. Distilled water only costs about $1 per gallon, and has nothing in it but pure water.

Thanks for the info on the nicotine amount to use.  The online info was confusing. 

I am cool with unflavored.  At least for now anyway. 

The RO water I have is Reverse Osmosis.  The tap water goes thru 6 filters.  Removes all impurities.  But then it does go thru a filer that adds back in trace minerals.  And lastly an alkaline filter.  So it pure H2O with trace minerals and high alkaline 8-9 (instead of 7, which most water is). 

Do you have a problem with your coils or having to replace often bc of the high VG content?

55 minutes ago, SheVapes said:

Do you have a problem with your coils or having to replace often bc of the high VG content?

I find that the darker juices kill coils faster than the lighter juices, in my opinion VG/PG ratio has little to do with how long a coil lasts, but the addition of water seems to make the coils last longer.

If you ever decide to flavor your juice, I know someone who has a reaction to PG so she mixes her own using extracts from the grocery store, some extracts contain PG so she has to read the labels really good, but it seems to work for her.

16 hours ago, SheVapes said:

If you want to mix 10mg strength pure VG juice (no flavor), then you should add 10ml of your 100mg VG-base Nicotine to 90ml of VG.

If you want to add 10% water... then your juice will be 10ml Nicotine base, 10ml water, and 80ml VG... which will actually give you 90% VG (because you added 10%water to thin it), but the result will still be 10mg Nicotine strength.

@FXRich is correct... Darker or sweeter juices kill coils faster than VG content, but pure VG is very thick, and you should make sure your coil / tank can handle juices that thick... most cannot wick juices with 70% or higher VG content.

Edited by Earthling789