Adulting....

That's right! I got my first all by myself apartment at the age of 34! Everyone said I could never pull this one off! I have my own adress in my name only for the very first time. But oh my! Adulting is crazy expensive!! My hubby and I will be married in June. We are waiting until we get married to live together. First beginnings are rough,but it is fun!

Congrats!  

Yes, living alone is very expensive, but also can be very enjoyable.  Don't be lured by the cost of fast-food... eating out for one can be cheaper than cooking for one, but cooking is healthier (and fun), and leftovers are a good thing ;)  

Congrats on getting engaged, too!  Once June rolls around you'll find you'll be moving into the best time of your life :)  Just don't stress over wedding plans or over-extend your budget... you can be married for free or $100K wedding... but the end result is the same... you're still married... so put that into perspective and save some $ for the two of you AFTER the wedding, rather than a big show for family and guests.

Congratulations Foo!

13 hours ago, Tam said:

Congratulations on your engagement! You can find a nice balance between adulting and still having fun. Enjoy your new apartment for the time you have it all to yourself. Even though I love my SO to pieces, there are times when I miss having my own place.  :) 

I echo that sentiment Tam!

• 3 months later...
On 9/13/2017 at 6:40 PM, Earthling789 said:

Congrats!  

Yes, living alone is very expensive, but also can be very enjoyable.  Don't be lured by the cost of fast-food... eating out for one can be cheaper than cooking for one, but cooking is healthier (and fun), and leftovers are a good thing ;)  

Congrats on getting engaged, too!  Once June rolls around you'll find you'll be moving into the best time of your life :)  Just don't stress over wedding plans or over-extend your budget... you can be married for free or $100K wedding... but the end result is the same... you're still married... so put that into perspective and save some $ for the two of you AFTER the wedding, rather than a big show for family and guests.

February now! We moved it up. We are not having a big to do, I just had a hysterectomy, day before yesterday, and we are just having a few family members. But still over the moon!!