Animal lovers

So cute! Does he ever scratch at your door to get your attention?

There was a tree outside of our old apartment. If I ever forgot to put the nuts (walnuts and almonds) out, Mr. Squirrel would climb the tree so she could see inside my kitchen window and bark at me until I put nuts out for her. My SO named her Mr. Squirrel. It wasn't until much later that we found out that he was a she. Gotta love the little critters.

Now, I have a Great Horned Owl hanging out on our roof who is rather vocal. All. Night. Long. Mix that with the pack of coyotes that live in the culvert in the next lot over and we have quite a chorus at night.  :lol:

Ahh, yes, we have several where we live in the woods... and they are quite the little thieves too, lol...  I just put out new solar sidewalk / driveway lights and noticed the "heads" started going missing.  The other day I watched one climb down from the tree, run over to the driveway, pull the head from the stake, and run back into the tree with it!  Now there are several of my solar lights about 40' up in the big Hickory tree at the bottom of my yard :) 

They also clean out my bird-feeders regularly, and are quite vocal when it's empty...  I've not put anything in the feeders since mid-summer, so I think stealing my lights is their way of retaliation?

We have a family of rabbits that took up residence under our garden shed. I'm sure they were quite disappointed there was no garden this year! They loved to nibble at the green beans! A couple of the small ones hollowed themselves a nest in my phlox bed. So now I have a bare spot there. One of the bigger ones sits in the yard next to the garage to greet me when I come home from work. When my headlights shine on "him", he takes off.

We have Moma Ground Hog.  Pretty much stays to herself and lives under the shed.  She has become a pretty big girl over the years.  I love watching her train her little ones.  Right now the apple trees are starting to drop a few apples so she is having a feast. 

Ok, I wasn't going to share this but it's too funny not to!

This happened a few years ago. The squirrels were causing so much damage I had taken all I could take so I went and bought a couple of live traps.
My theory was that I would relocate them to an area that has tons of trees and we would be good.
Every day for about 2 weeks I would catch at least one and put it in the back of my truck, drive over to the park and set it loose.
After the tally reached in the low 30s a friend said they were probably just coming back. The next one I caught I spray painted the tip of his tail white, relocated him, done deal.
The next evening when I got home from work I noticed another squirrel in a trap. Sure enough, he had a white tipped tail!