Do I need to add nic right away?

donna68ca

I want to make a batch of ejuice this week and let it steep. Once my supplies arrive. Since it will vary later in nic strengths do I need to add nic right away for steeping, and make several batches at different strengths, or add nic, after steeping and ready for use?

I've read where some folks like mixing their nicotine after mixing everything else.  Something about how everything changes chemically.  These folks approach it more like world class chefs.  I'm more of a fast food burger flipper. 

6 minutes ago, cany said:

I have a chit load of of premade juice with no NIC when I feel the need I add the NIC too it

Sounds like a good way to go.  I just make either 60 or 120 ml batches.  Don't have any bulk around.  I'm always changing things up.  Wonder if?.......

8 hours ago, cany said:

My favs I make 480 ML at a time

The smallest batch I make for personal use (my favorites) is 300ml, and the usual is 600ml up to a full liter at a time.  When I mix... I MIX :) 

I don't like having to get all my supplies and glassware out (and have to clean everything) more often than necessary, so I usually mix several flavors at the same time, in large batches.  I have two magnetic stirrers and plenty of glassware (beakers, flasks, and graduated cylinders) for measuring and mixing, so mixing many flavors at once is an afternoon/evening of fun.

I will needle-mix in a small bottle if I'm making a specialty flavor or trying a new recipe, but if it turns out something I really like, the next batch will be a big one, lol...

Also, for needle mixing specialty flavors or things I vape on rare-occasion (like Chocolate-Mint or Peanut-Butter-Fudge-Brownie)... I keep a few 60ml bottles with 30ml or 36ml of VG and Nicotine pre-mixed (1.8ml 100mg VG based Nicotine and the balance pure VG) ... so all I have to do is add in flavoring and PG to reach 60ml, and I get a 3mg, 50-50 or 40-60 mix... with far less mess, because I only needed one needle to extract the flavors and PG :)