Good Morning!

Walt

And Good Night

Good Night.jpg

Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colours from our sight Red is gray and yellow, white But we decide which is right And which is an illusion Pinprick holes in a colourless sky Let insipid flickers of light pass by The mighty light of ten thousand suns Challenges infinity and is soon gone Night time, to some a brief interlude To others the fear of solitude

Edited by Walt

[mention=40616]gadget[/mention]  I believe they just came out with one with a DNA250 board in it for a166 Paranormal.  Still no DNA250C board however. 
@Walt, In all honesty, my 166 had never seen over 75 watts. A DNA 75 would suit me just fine.
My 166 is current set in TC mode at 35 watts and 450° F with a dual SS 316 Clapton coils set up.
That's perfect for me, it produces a nice warm vape that is full of flavor!

Just now, gadget said:

@Walt, In all honesty, my 166 had never seen over 75 watts. A DNA 75 would suit me just fine.
My 166 is current set in TC mode at 35 watts and 450° F with a dual SS 316 Clapton coils set up.
That's perfect for me, it produces a nice warm vape that is full of flavor!

I'm right there with you.  About the same settings for my rigs.  I've even started using quite a few single coil RTA's and under TC I can draw out some wonderful clouds and the flavor is through the roof. 

Just now, gadget said:

@Walt,
Actually, I have a Lavabox Mini that has a DNA 75 chip in it and it does everything I need it to do. emoji41.png

That is a damn nice board.  A little bizarre to navigate but once over the learning curve a true gem. 

I've switched over to single coil builds on a lot of my RDAs, I only have a couple of RTAs that will accept single coils.

I picked up a couple of used Squonkers, a Council of Vapor Wraith 80w Squonker Box Mod and a Coppervape.
The Wraith has TC and it is awesome with a single build!7643e7543cf7c79a7f539c884316cb57.jpg24d42be7e2cc9a4b6b4c39016afbad98.jpg

9 hours ago, gadget said:

I picked up a couple of used Squonkers, a Council of Vapor Wraith 80w Squonker Box Mod and a Coppervape.

That Wraith looks real comfortable for the hand!  Great pic of the build as well!

It's humorous, in a good way, to me how we all have similar perceptions and yet they also differ on some points.  I have just started going to Kanthal builds on most of my RDA's.  Most of my RDA's are wide open, airy atties and just ramp up too slowly for me using TC.  As much as I love TC the ramp time just kills the fog volume for me.  I don't have that problem on any RTA's. 

I keep looking with "one eye" so to speak at squanking.  In my mind's eye I see me squeezing, the tube coming undone and spinning in the air like an unmanned fire hose with e-juice dripping off everything in the house.  I'm really ambivalent when it comes to squanking.  I would like to try it just because it's part of the vaping culture.  On the other hand the only time I use my RDA's is either to test a new mix or have just a few vapes of some pungent "desert" after a good meal.  

I was on the fence with squonkers as well. I wanted to try one and when this deal I stumbled across came along I went for it. So far I'm liking it, very convenient and pretty easy to use.

For me it's the flavor that an RDA produces. I get good flavor from an RTA but not as intense as an RDA. I can load the same juice in an RTA and an RDA and get good flavor out of both but it's a different flavor, the taste is different in each tank.

I use Kanthal on all of my mech mods with RDAs. Anything that has TC I use SS, I haven't tried Nichrome or Titanium.

For my DNA boxes I really like the Medusa, it's sold as an RDTA but there is a big argument about whether it's an RDA or an RTA. My opinion is it's an RDTA without the glass but it just works for me. I get the same flavor as an RDA but with a reasonable juice capacity.75b7cf5daa0b6cb6164c11302751b4f9.jpg&key=35bee5bc6b229908b335b55ca1f53d7b70db499f824f740c89e908405fa18307

6 minutes ago, gadget said:

For me it's the flavor that an RDA produces.

I don't know if my taste buds are not as sensitive as some or if they are still coming back from analogs or what, but I get identical flavor off both the Govad RTA and the Ammit 25 single RTA as my RDA's.  The Serpent SMM, Pharaoh, and single coil OBS Engine come real close.  The rest of my RTA's are more muted. 

2 hours ago, Walt said:

I keep looking with "one eye" so to speak at squanking.  In my mind's eye I see me squeezing, the tube coming undone and spinning in the air like an unmanned fire hose with e-juice dripping off everything in the house.  I'm really ambivalent when it comes to squanking.  I would like to try it just because it's part of the vaping culture.  On the other hand the only time I use my RDA's is either to test a new mix or have just a few vapes of some pungent "desert" after a good meal.

I was a little skeptical about squonking, but awhile back I got a Kanger 160w dripbox, and now I really enjoy it. The RDA that came with it wasn't very good, and I replaced it with a aspire quad flex tank. I use dual .8 SS316 coils, and end up with .4 ohms, gets a little hot, but works really good using TC. 7ml bottle holds plenty of juice too.