Jump to content

FIRESALE FINAL CALL! -  The Vapor Talk Store has a huge Fire Sale on all 3rd party products. While supplies last, all sales final, huge price cuts!!! - Click Here to Visit the Vapor Talk Store

mattythornton

What have you mixed today?

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, mattythornton said:

@Walt have you had a chance to try the TPA Apple Pie yet?

That's tomorrow too.  Just got the Apple Pie concentrate yesterday.  Really excited about giving that a shot.  Don't work tomorrow, so I have the whole day for mixing!  Crazy laughter from the laboratory!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Walt said:

Mixed this up today just playing around.  Not even sure what I will call it yet:

3% Blood Orange (FW)

3% Pineapple (TFA)

2% Apple (TFA)

6% Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (TFA)

.5% Sweetener (TFA)

Very nice vape but I think I will pull the Vanilla Bean back to 4% to let the other flavors shine a little more.  The apple is doing a nice job of taking the edge of the Pineapple and Orange.  

I make a flavor I call orange cream.

15% blood orange FW

3% Bavarian Cream FW

2% Pineapple  FW

I don't notice a acid taste, but adding the pineapple seems to bring out the orange flavor more. My taste is maybe different than yours, so I may not taste the acid like you do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tasted the acid way too much back in my younger years. Probably explains half the reason I am the wacky way I am...

Nice one Walt hope you enjoy. Recipe could probably use a touch of a standalone apple imho as it's heavy cinnamon pastry crust but it's my most popular of all my recipes. Good straight off the bat vanilla starts to settle it down a bit within a few days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, FXRich said:

 

21 hours ago, Walt said:

Mixed this up today just playing around.  Not even sure what I will call it yet:

3% Blood Orange (FW)

3% Pineapple (TFA)

2% Apple (TFA)

6% Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (TFA)

.5% Sweetener (TFA)

Very nice vape but I think I will pull the Vanilla Bean back to 4% to let the other flavors shine a little more.  The apple is doing a nice job of taking the edge of the Pineapple and Orange.  

I make a flavor I call orange cream.

 

That's interesting.  I make almost the same mix as your orange cream with a little different percentages and no pineapple.  Now I'm gonna have to try a dab of pineapple in that one to see what you are talking about.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Walt said:

That's interesting.  I make almost the same mix as your orange cream with a little different percentages and no pineapple.  Now I'm gonna have to try a dab of pineapple in that one to see what you are talking about.  

I also use a little Pineapple in a mix I call Fuzzy Navel.

10% Blood Orange

8% Peach

2% Pineapple

Although there is more orange than peach, I can taste the peach more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, FXRich said:

I also use a little Pineapple in a mix I call Fuzzy Navel

I'm diggin this!  Getting some great ideas of things to try.  I used Google to see "what goes with pineapple" and it brought up a bunch of fruit salads that included orange.  That's what started me pairing the two.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Walt said:

I'm diggin this!  Getting some great ideas of things to try.  I used Google to see "what goes with pineapple" and it brought up a bunch of fruit salads that included orange.  That's what started me pairing the two.  

Pineapple by itself isn't very good, but when you add 2 - 3% to a mix it works out pretty well. Like you I got a 4 oz bottle of pineapple, and it will probably last a long time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2017 at 12:46 PM, mattythornton said:

@Walt have you had a chance to try the TPA Apple Pie yet?

Right out of the oven it is tasting pretty good.  I get a strong sense after a bit of steep time it will really pop.  I've also got just a bit of vapers tongue going on and I think that is muting the flavor a tad.  I'll report back in a couple days as well but I'm liking it so far! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2017 at 10:39 AM, VapeMama said:

I think it's the acidity of pineapple that bothers my throat. Hoping you get the 'right' mix!

I think I nailed it this time.  I halved the vanilla bean ice cream.  The orange pineapple blend is standing out with the vanilla in the background.  Much more like the sherbet feel I was hoping for. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@mattythornton

Ok, Although I really did like the recipe as it was, I did make a couple of tweaks for my taste buds, which I am convinced are weird.  Anyway, here it is.  This I can do all day!

 

Capture.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[mention=41037]mattythornton[/mention]
Ok, Although I really did like the recipe as it was, I did make a couple of tweaks for my taste buds, which I am convinced are weird.  Anyway, here it is.  This I can do all day!
 
Capture.thumb.JPG.73881ad893c8c11fb7de8f27596d183f.JPG


Nice mate. I have thought before could use a splash more apple. I'll get some in and give it a run

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@mattythornton

A while back you referred to me as the Vape Guru or something like that.  Well, I am transferring the title back to you.  This Apple Pie mix is absolutely addictive!  I haven't put it down.  The more it ages the better it gets.  It's almost time to put in another order for the concentrate.  This time it will be in mega bottle size.  This is some good stuff Mainard!!!   Never though a desert vape could be an all day vape.  How wrong I was!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, cany said:

Just finished making a clone batch of Space Jam Eclipse 

Been about 2 yrs since I have had it  but it came out pretty dayumm good with no steep too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[mention=41037]mattythornton[/mention]

A while back you referred to me as the Vape Guru or something like that.  Well, I am transferring the title back to you.  This Apple Pie mix is absolutely addictive!  I haven't put it down.  The more it ages the better it gets.  It's almost time to put in another order for the concentrate.  This time it will be in mega bottle size.  This is some good stuff Mainard!!!   Never though a desert vape could be an all day vape.  How wrong I was!!!!



One good recipe does not Guru the maketh lol. But thanks man glad you enjoy it. I'll try it with your tweaks soon I'm getting thru some premade stuff I bought online a few weeks back so not mixing too much just yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, mattythornton said:

 

 


One good recipe does not Guru the maketh lol. But thanks man glad you enjoy it. I'll try it with your tweaks soon I'm getting thru some premade stuff I bought online a few weeks back so not mixing too much just yet.

 

 

You're a brave man Mr. Thorton.  Like I say, from all responses to my mixes, my taste buds are weird.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


Vapor Talk Forum

Vapor Talk is a worldwide retailer of electronic cigarettes, e liquids, vape mods & more! Our Store and Online Vape Forum has served over 1 million+ Users since 2008.

Locations

Vapor Talk North America
Address: 41419 Pear Street, Murrieta, CA 92562
Phone: 1-888-315-VAPOR

Vapor Talk China
Locations: Beijing, Qingdao
Phone: +88-1-400-698-2209
×