What have you mixed today?

6 minutes ago, mattythornton said:

@Walt have you had a chance to try the TPA Apple Pie yet?

That's tomorrow too.  Just got the Apple Pie concentrate yesterday.  Really excited about giving that a shot.  Don't work tomorrow, so I have the whole day for mixing!  Crazy laughter from the laboratory!  

21 hours ago, Walt said:

Mixed this up today just playing around.  Not even sure what I will call it yet:

3% Blood Orange (FW)

3% Pineapple (TFA)

2% Apple (TFA)

6% Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (TFA)

.5% Sweetener (TFA)

Very nice vape but I think I will pull the Vanilla Bean back to 4% to let the other flavors shine a little more.  The apple is doing a nice job of taking the edge of the Pineapple and Orange.  

I make a flavor I call orange cream.

15% blood orange FW

3% Bavarian Cream FW

2% Pineapple  FW

I don't notice a acid taste, but adding the pineapple seems to bring out the orange flavor more. My taste is maybe different than yours, so I may not taste the acid like you do.

I tasted the acid way too much back in my younger years. Probably explains half the reason I am the wacky way I am...

Nice one Walt hope you enjoy. Recipe could probably use a touch of a standalone apple imho as it's heavy cinnamon pastry crust but it's my most popular of all my recipes. Good straight off the bat vanilla starts to settle it down a bit within a few days.

18 minutes ago, FXRich said:

21 hours ago, Walt said:

Mixed this up today just playing around.  Not even sure what I will call it yet:

3% Blood Orange (FW)

3% Pineapple (TFA)

2% Apple (TFA)

6% Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (TFA)

.5% Sweetener (TFA)

Very nice vape but I think I will pull the Vanilla Bean back to 4% to let the other flavors shine a little more.  The apple is doing a nice job of taking the edge of the Pineapple and Orange.  

I make a flavor I call orange cream.

That's interesting.  I make almost the same mix as your orange cream with a little different percentages and no pineapple.  Now I'm gonna have to try a dab of pineapple in that one to see what you are talking about.  

Just now, Walt said:

That's interesting.  I make almost the same mix as your orange cream with a little different percentages and no pineapple.  Now I'm gonna have to try a dab of pineapple in that one to see what you are talking about.  

I also use a little Pineapple in a mix I call Fuzzy Navel.

10% Blood Orange

8% Peach

2% Pineapple

Although there is more orange than peach, I can taste the peach more.

3 minutes ago, FXRich said:

I also use a little Pineapple in a mix I call Fuzzy Navel

I'm diggin this!  Getting some great ideas of things to try.  I used Google to see "what goes with pineapple" and it brought up a bunch of fruit salads that included orange.  That's what started me pairing the two.  

Just now, Walt said:

I'm diggin this!  Getting some great ideas of things to try.  I used Google to see "what goes with pineapple" and it brought up a bunch of fruit salads that included orange.  That's what started me pairing the two.  

Pineapple by itself isn't very good, but when you add 2 - 3% to a mix it works out pretty well. Like you I got a 4 oz bottle of pineapple, and it will probably last a long time.

On 9/13/2017 at 12:46 PM, mattythornton said:

@Walt have you had a chance to try the TPA Apple Pie yet?

Right out of the oven it is tasting pretty good.  I get a strong sense after a bit of steep time it will really pop.  I've also got just a bit of vapers tongue going on and I think that is muting the flavor a tad.  I'll report back in a couple days as well but I'm liking it so far! 

On 9/13/2017 at 10:39 AM, VapeMama said:

I think it's the acidity of pineapple that bothers my throat. Hoping you get the 'right' mix!

I think I nailed it this time.  I halved the vanilla bean ice cream.  The orange pineapple blend is standing out with the vanilla in the background.  Much more like the sherbet feel I was hoping for. 

[mention=41037]mattythornton[/mention]
Ok, Although I really did like the recipe as it was, I did make a couple of tweaks for my taste buds, which I am convinced are weird.  Anyway, here it is.  This I can do all day!

Capture.thumb.JPG.73881ad893c8c11fb7de8f27596d183f.JPG

Nice mate. I have thought before could use a splash more apple. I'll get some in and give it a run [emoji106]

@mattythornton

A while back you referred to me as the Vape Guru or something like that.  Well, I am transferring the title back to you.  This Apple Pie mix is absolutely addictive!  I haven't put it down.  The more it ages the better it gets.  It's almost time to put in another order for the concentrate.  This time it will be in mega bottle size.  This is some good stuff Mainard!!!   Never though a desert vape could be an all day vape.  How wrong I was!!!!

[mention=41037]mattythornton[/mention]

A while back you referred to me as the Vape Guru or something like that.  Well, I am transferring the title back to you.  This Apple Pie mix is absolutely addictive!  I haven't put it down.  The more it ages the better it gets.  It's almost time to put in another order for the concentrate.  This time it will be in mega bottle size.  This is some good stuff Mainard!!!   Never though a desert vape could be an all day vape.  How wrong I was!!!!

One good recipe does not Guru the maketh lol. But thanks man glad you enjoy it. I'll try it with your tweaks soon I'm getting thru some premade stuff I bought online a few weeks back so not mixing too much just yet.

45 minutes ago, mattythornton said:

One good recipe does not Guru the maketh lol. But thanks man glad you enjoy it. I'll try it with your tweaks soon I'm getting thru some premade stuff I bought online a few weeks back so not mixing too much just yet.

You're a brave man Mr. Thorton.  Like I say, from all responses to my mixes, my taste buds are weird.  

• 1 month later...
Mixed up some Apple Pie Ala Mode (Gelato to you [mention=41037]mattythornton[/mention]!) Will give it a taste in a day or two. I did add some TFA Apple. We shall see............

Nice. I've wanted to add a touch of apple to it but keep forgetting to order it. Let me know how you go I've been playing with a blueberry pancakes recipe of late but haven't got it share happy just yet... will let you know [emoji106]