Defending vaping over smoking

Ok so today I got my first you vape? comment. Then came the "do you know how many chemicals are in that"??!! I said yeah 4. Compared to the thousands of chemicals in cigarettes..Then I was told I should just consider smoking American spirit cigarettes!! I've gone 113 days without a cigarette thanks to vaping!! I'm not going backwards!! I just love ignorance

Sent using The Vapor Talk mobile app

Yup, folks who do not vape have no interest and have only seen the shock headlines from the coke-a-cola salesmen.  Seems like all of the media today use the tactics of the old Enquirer.  "Man with three heads found in space ship on Iowa farm!"  Something you just have to get used to.  Congratulations on your 113 days!!!!

One old fart gave me the "Thems bad fer ya!" line.  I told him, "I know!  To late now.  First week of vaping my balls fell off".  He went away. 

Yup, folks who do not vape have no interest and have only seen the shock headlines from the coke-a-cola salesmen.  Seems like all of the media today use the tactics of the old Enquirer.  "Man with three heads found in space ship on Iowa farm!"  Something you just have to get used to.  Congratulations on your 113 days!!!!
One old fart gave me the "Thems bad fer ya!" line.  I told him, "I know!  To late now.  First week of vaping my balls fell off".  He went away. 

Thank you! You crack me up!!
I wish I had a good come back like that!

Congratulations on your 113 Days. Those who do not have the current and correct information are yakn out of their fourth point of contact. Ignore the ignorant. Vaping is grand

Thank you! And I do. People just look at me weird I think because I'm 45 and not some young hipster. This is the only thing that has helped me quit and stay quit this long!!

25 minutes ago, michellesully72 said:

Thank you! And I do. People just look at me weird I think because I'm 45 and not some young hipster. This is the only thing that has helped me quit and stay quit this long!!

I'm 64 and I don't care.  Hell, I'm a child of the 60's.  I invented cool! 

I've only been vaping about eight months now but I find everything about vaping intriguing.  Started building RDA's, RTA's, and RDTA's and am just fascinated with the flavor and performance I can get out of these things.  I really enjoy shopping atomizers to find just the right one for each mod.  Also dove right into DYI juices and absolutely love that.  I can get the flavor I want and I find it fun getting there. 

I began vaping in my 40's. I am 43. Quit analogs and straight to mods

Same here. Using a smok Al85 Now a 220 watt alien. maybe it's just where I live and work it's mostly the younger crowd using the mods and building coils. We have a store here and every time I'm there I'm the oldest one in the place!

I've only been vaping about eight months now but I find everything about vaping intriguing.  Started building RDA's, RTA's, and RDTA's and am just fascinated with the flavor and performance I can get out of these things.  I really enjoy shopping atomizers to find just the right one for each mod.  Also dove right into DYI juices and absolutely love that.  I can get the flavor I want and I find it fun getting there. 

Me too!! Though I attempted to make juice but wasn't very good at it so coil building is what I'm working on! I've spent quite a bit of money so far looking for the"right" rda and rta! But I'm not smoking!!!

5 minutes ago, michellesully72 said:

Me too!! Though I attempted to make juice but wasn't very good at it so coil building is what I'm working on! I've spent quite a bit of money so far looking for the"right" rda and rta! But I'm not smoking!!!

Lol,  I'm not even going to talk about money except to say between not smoking and the amount of enjoyment I get out of this hobby, it really is inexpensive all in all. 

Congrats I'm going on my 5th week no cigs i was a heavy heavy smoker started out young at 8 and this is the first time I've tried to actually stop and and i made that decision purely for me. I tried to stop for everyone else and each time i failed. Now my soon to be husband and all of our kids are supportive and our grandkids can say that they never seen their mamam and grandpa smoke

I've been vaping over 3 years. I'm in better health at 52 than I was at 42. I've also gotten more well-meaning advice or comment since vaping than I ever did when I was killing myself with cigarettes.

I have only been 4 days no smoking. But, you have to start somewhere. I'm 58. BUT, I have my 78 year old mom now just starting to get used to vaping on my ipic mini. She likes the juice I made, so here's hoping. Shes been smoking since she was 15!

• 2 months later...

Congratulations on the move to the Vaping world. I was a two or three cigar a day smoker for 20+ years, I mean those big freaking Churchill’s. Gave them up almost cold turkey and went to Vaping about 8 years ago and haven’t looked back. I’m 62, mix my own liquid, build my own coils and enjoy playing around with the new stuff hitting the market. Get a kick when someone walks over after seeing clouds pouring over my head and asking what the heck is that.