RDTA Help

mattythornton

Hey guys- so took the dive into the RDTA world with the iJoy RDTA 5 and can't get any decent flavour out of it. I've built twice on it using pre built coils (.22 ohm dual twisted mix and .44 ohm dual claptons) and flavour sucks. Decent clouds but very little taste. I've watched a few yt vids on how to wick it properly and tried both of these coil configs on my Apocalypse dripper and they are great but out of the Rdta they suck.

Any advice on what I could be doing wrong? Seems like a lot of ******* around for very little result. Cheers guys. [emoji106][emoji111]️

How do you have your air flow set up?
I have the Classic (very similar) and I personally don't even use the top are flow. I have it closed off and the bottom air flow just about wide open.

I've get plenty of flavor with that set up.

Obviously no idea, but where I loose flavor is when I stuff too much cotton in the wicking channels.  I don't have that unit but I did watch a review by Suck My Mod and it looks like he had problems with getting air to move for wicking.  

Obviously no idea, but where I loose flavor is when I stuff too much cotton in the wicking channels.  I don't have that unit but I did watch a review by Suck My Mod and it looks like he had problems with getting air to move for wicking.  

Hmm guessing I'll just persevere- I've gone from maybe too much to maybe too little but not sure. Gadget- I've played around with both air flows and gotten not much joy out of it- strangely enough I've gone back to dripper and not getting heaps of flavour out of same juice. Was great few days ago I'll try different juice see how I go...

Overnight the tank has leaked like a biyatch so might be something in that too. I'll give it a good clean out, put sir bigger coils on it and try a new juice.

UPDATE- GOOD TIMES!!!

So I revisited the build- cut my wicks just under top of tank level- shorter length probably wick easier to coil- more cotton thru the actual coil and less in channels. Also put an extra loop on my coils as it could easy handle it space wise and changed juice.

Not sure what it was- probably mixture of juice (seemed to have no flavour on the dripper too but was tasty as hell few days ago) and cotton clogging up channels but good times ahead!