Ugggg

Ok first time for this one. I accidentally ordered a 60ml bottle of juice at 0mg nicotine. I have nicotine here I was going to try to start diying my own but haven't yet.. can I add the nicotine once I get it? And how much would I add to make it 3mg? Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

Sent using The Vapor Talk mobile app

What size nicotine viles do you have?

Hey guys, Sorry to barge in but I have to know where my thinking is wrong.  I did this calculation adding 4ml of 48 nic to 60 mills of liquid.  As you can see per highlighted areas I am using 48 nic.  When I added the nic to the 60ml bottle I got the total of 64ml volume.  The result I got was 4ml of nic. 

Capture.JPG

Edited by Walt

@Walt is right on the money... reading through this thread, I was about to chime in and say 1ml would not be enough of 48mg strength base, but Walt beat me to it :) 

It is always good to use a juice calculator, even just for confirmation.

1ml of your base diluted with 47ml of any juice mixture would yield 1mg strength...

Quick formula to determine strength...  Base-strength * Base-volume / Total volume = Final strength

adding 1ml base to 60ml of juice would further dilute the base-strength down to less than 1mg (actually 0.787mg)...  48*1/61 = 0.787

adding 2ml base to 60ml (48*2/62 = 1.55mg)...

adding 3ml base to 60ml (48*3/63 = 2.286mg)...

adding 4ml base to 60ml (48*4/64 = 3mg)

8 hours ago, KarmicRage said:

What strength is the nicotine? 72mg nic in my 60ml mixes at 3mg is usually 2.5ml of nic.

72 * 2.5 / 62.5 = 2.88mg strength... so your mix is actually a little under 3mg.  Adding 2.65ml of your 72mg base will give you 3.05mg strength

11 hours ago, michellesully72 said:

The bottle says 48mg vg base 125 ml

The OP stated the strength earlier.... As her Nicotine base is weaker than yours, it will of course take more of the base to reach the desired strength.

Add it, shake well, and it should be good to go.

If there is not enough room in your 60ml bottle to add 4ml of Nicotine base (without overflowing or topping it off)... you may need to dump the contents of your juice into a glass/beaker/container, then add in the Nicotine base... stir with a flat blade (butter knife works well) for about 5 min (until you see lots of little bubbles in the mix), and then transfer the new mixture into two containers.

Here is another calculator that is online if you don't want to download an app.   http://www.steam-engine.org/juice.html

I like the juice me up calculator as it also saves all of my recipes locally on my PC, gives me a little note pad for keeping track of the changes I make to the recipes and allows me to set the weights of the ingredients as I like to mix by weight.  I really love to DYI as not only do I save a ton of money but I can get juice mixtures tailored to my taste buds/liking/whatever.  

Here is another calculator that is online if you don't want to download an app.   http://www.steam-engine.org/juice.html
I like the juice me up calculator as it also saves all of my recipes locally on my PC, gives me a little note pad for keeping track of the changes I make to the recipes and allows me to set the weights of the ingredients as I like to mix by weight.  I really love to DYI as not only do I save a ton of money but I can get juice mixtures tailored to my taste buds/liking/whatever.  

I'm really interested in diy because juice is so expensive. I ordered a kit from liquid barn and a couple flavors. I mixed up some 6mg 50/50 and did not like any of the flavors I got. I gave up and got into building coils and saving money that way..I think I'll look into it more eventually..

1 hour ago, michellesully72 said:

I'm really interested in diy because juice is so expensive. I ordered a kit from liquid barn and a couple flavors. I mixed up some 6mg 50/50 and did not like any of the flavors I got. I gave up and got into building coils and saving money that way..I think I'll look into it more eventually..

It was rough for me to get started into it.  There was like a threshold I had to get over and then it started rolling.  A place you may want to look at is www.e-liquid-recipes.com.  They post a lot of mixes that you can open up and see what flavors they used to make them.  They also have a forum but join at your own risk.  There are a few regulars there that are really rude, spiteful, guttural, and vulgar.  I'll leave it at that.  I discontinued my membership simply because I did not want the affiliation.  There are also a few folks here that do dyi.  If you have a liquid you would like to make or clone, you could try asking.  It's really great once you start getting the hang of it.