[emoji52]

carlycathleen

Today is my fourth day without a cigarette & boy am I ever craving one. This is silly but could anyone tell me how long it took them to get over the cravings? [emoji39]I know it's probably different with everyone and depends on the amount of years/cigarettes smoked but I'm seriously dying and want to go buy a pack SO bad, smoking in the car was my favorite time to smoke, I've been hitting this & also holding a pencil in between my fingers and "flicking" it out the window [emoji23] but I know I can do this! Also juice recommendations are welcome please tell me your favorites!

Today is my fourth day without a cigarette & boy am I ever craving one. This is silly but could anyone tell me how long it took them to get over the cravings? [emoji39]I know it's probably different with everyone and depends on the amount of years/cigarettes smoked but I'm seriously dying and want to go buy a pack SO bad, smoking in the car was my favorite time to smoke, I've been hitting this & also holding a pencil in between my fingers and "flicking" it out the window [emoji23] but I know I can do this! Also juice recommendations are welcome please tell me your favorites!
Online stores I use are Sauce LA and Fuggin vapor

It's totally normal to be craving. I smoked for 20 years but quitting and taking up vaping was easy for me, I was suprised. If you're looking for a good tobacco flavored juice try wrangler by vape wild. They have good juice in general. Also ejuice  connect has amazing prices. I've been vaping  for a year and just started craving tobacco  flavor lol. Especially when i drink. When I first started vaping  I stuck with high   nic   and tobacco  flavors. The key is finding  a juice that will satisfy  your cravings.

I don't think flavor is as important as the amount of nic in your eliquid when you first try to quit. I smoked a pack of Marlboro Lights per day so when I switched to vaping I was using 24 mg. nicotine in my eliquid. Now, this was over five years ago so the equipment was vastly different as was how much nicotine I was absorbing. What tank are you using? The resistance of your coil? What mg. of nicotine is in your juice? All these things will help us to help you.

I don't think flavor is as important as the amount of nic in your eliquid when you first try to quit. I smoked a pack of Marlboro Lights per day so when I switched to vaping I was using 24 mg. nicotine in my eliquid. Now, this was over five years ago so the equipment was vastly different as was how much nicotine I was absorbing. What tank are you using? The resistance of your coil? What mg. of nicotine is in your juice? All these things will help us to help you.

I was only asking for vape recommendations because I'm new and haven't been able to find one that I really like yet. I'm using a big baby beast & my juices are 3mg. The shop in my town has up to 12mg but everyone has told me it gives you headaches and tastes bad, like I said I'm new so I don't know. If I sit there and chief on it I don't even think about a cigarette but I'm comparing the two and looking for that strong throat hit and the second I don't hit this I crave a cigarette. I've been fine the past 3 days but today was just so hard to not!

Well, IMO. You should totally up your nicotine, that will help with the throat hit too. Try a 6. Just to let you know that Vape wild has samples for 2.99. It's a good way to try different juice for cheap. Like when I first quit I didn't want fruity flavors I wanted something that resembled a cig. Also if you're not into that, cinnamon flavors usually have a nice throat hit

Carly welcome
When started there were not the great starter kits. So I did not completely switch till I got a vamo6 (20 watts)and a protank 3. Then there was enough of a throat hit to feel like the little cigars I was smoking.
For the first 6 months I vaped indoors and smoked outside.
If you need a stinky stick as long as vaping is what you do. Keep busy. Deep breathing helps.
When your feeling weak go to your local vape shop and hang out till it passes. 3 1/2 years tobacco free. Smoked for 35 years. Good luck we are here.

Well, IMO. You should totally up your nicotine, that will help with the throat hit too. Try a 6. Just to let you know that Vape wild has samples for 2.99. It's a good way to try different juice for cheap. Like when I first quit I didn't want fruity flavors I wanted something that resembled a cig. Also if you're not into that, cinnamon flavors usually have a nice throat hit
should try a 6 & slowly work my way down? Sorry if these are silly newbie questions by the way, but all of my friends think that the whole vape thing is stupid so that's why I downloaded this. It is helpful! Thank you!! I'll try their samples

1 hour ago, carlycathleen said:

I was only asking for vape recommendations because I'm new and haven't been able to find one that I really like yet. I'm using a big baby beast & my juices are 3mg. The shop in my town has up to 12mg but everyone has told me it gives you headaches and tastes bad, like I said I'm new so I don't know. If I sit there and chief on it I don't even think about a cigarette but I'm comparing the two and looking for that strong throat hit and the second I don't hit this I crave a cigarette. I've been fine the past 3 days but today was just so hard to not!

All of the members on the forum could throw recommendations at you, but the only one who can tell you what you like is you. Not that I'm trying to give you a hard time or anything but flavor is so subjective. What one person thinks is perfect, it will taste like dirty socks to the next person. It will all depend on what tastes good to you. One eliquid vendor I liked a lot when I first started out is EC Blends. They have little 5 ml samples for under three dollars (usually something like $1.99 or so). You can customize the juices as much as you like. My all day vape for several years now is an almond joy flavor. I would never have guessed I'd like it this much. Ever. You might surprise yourself with what you find tasty.  :)

If you want more throat hit, you'll want a little more PG in your eliquid. This is the flavor carrier, thins the liquid and gives better throat hit. If more vapor, smoother throat hit, a little sweeter, is your thing, then go a little more on the VG. For the set up you have I would recommend going with a 50 PG/50 VG to start. You don't want to go with anything thinner with that tank.

Also, at the beginning, go up a little on the nicotine. 3 mg isn't enough for someone trying to get off cigarettes. I'd go at least a 6 mg or 8 mg. If you vape too much and get too much nicotine, yes, you'll develop a headache. Just stop vaping for a little while and it should go away on its own. Make sure to drink lots of water. Vaping dehydrates you so increased water intake is a must -- not soda, not coffee or tea, or anything other than plain water. If the juice tastes a little "bad" when you increase the nicotine, then just have the vendor increase the flavor a little to mask it.

Hang in there, we've all been through it. The first few weeks are especially trying because your body is detoxing from all the carcinogens that you took in with cigarettes. If you can hang in there, this will pass.  :) 

Carly welcome
When started there were not the great starter kits. So I did not completely switch till I got a vamo6 (20 watts)and a protank 3. Then there was enough of a throat hit to feel like the little cigars I was smoking.
For the first 6 months I vaped indoors and smoked outside.
If you need a stinky stick as long as vaping is what you do. Keep busy. Deep breathing helps.
When your feeling weak go to your local vape shop and hang out till it passes. 3 1/2 years tobacco free. Smoked for 35 years. Good luck we are here.

Congrats on quitting smoking! I've only been smoking for about 4-5 years I started when I was really young but have started noticing the changes I've made, such as not even being able to walk up a flight of stairs because I'm out of breath lol, I'm really pushing through this and hoping that talking with people who are really into this would help and get some good tips! I appreciate your advice very much!

Just an FYI. When I first started vaping, I was on 24 mg of nic, but you need to take into account that we didn't have the kinds of equipment we do now. Most of my eliquid now is at 3 mg but I still have some at 12 and 18 mg for those days and times when I can't vape as often.

All of the members on the forum could throw recommendations at you, but the only one who can tell you what you like is you. Not that I'm trying to give you a hard time or anything but flavor is so subjective. What one person thinks is perfect, it will taste like dirty socks to the next person. It will all depend on what tastes good to you. One eliquid vendor I liked a lot when I first started out is EC Blends. They have little 5 ml samples for under three dollars (usually something like $1.99 or so). You can customize the juices as much as you like. My all day vape for several years now is an almond joy flavor. I would never have guessed I'd like it this much. Ever. You might surprise yourself with what you find tasty.  [emoji4]
If you want more throat hit, you'll want a little more PG in your eliquid. This is the flavor carrier, thins the liquid and gives better throat hit. If more vapor, smoother throat hit, a little sweeter, is your thing, then go a little more on the VG. For the set up you have I would recommend going with a 50 PG/50 VG to start. You don't want to go with anything thinner with that tank.
Also, at the beginning, go up a little on the nicotine. 3 mg isn't enough for someone trying to get off cigarettes. I'd go at least a 6 mg or 8 mg. If you vape too much and get too much nicotine, yes, you'll develop a headache. Just stop vaping for a little while and it should go away on its own. Make sure to drink lots of water. Vaping dehydrates you so increased water intake is a must -- not soda, not coffee or tea, or anything other than plain water. If the juice tastes a little "bad" when you increase the nicotine, then just have the vendor increase the flavor a little to mask it.
Hang in there, we've all been through it. The first few weeks are especially trying because your body is detoxing from all the carcinogens that you took in with cigarettes. If you can hang in there, this will pass.  [emoji4] 

You're absolutely right about the flavor, I've had people swear by a certain flavor and I don't like it at all. Almond joy sounds really good but does it have the chocolatey flavor to it? I've been hitting this thing pretty often, and sometimes get headaches with just the 3, but I'll definitely try the 6mg and hopefully get over the cravings. Thank you for the tips, seriously!

4 minutes ago, carlycathleen said:

You're absolutely right about the flavor, I've had people swear by a certain flavor and I don't like it at all. Almond joy sounds really good but does it have the chocolatey flavor to it? I've been hitting this thing pretty often, and sometimes get headaches with just the 3, but I'll definitely try the 6mg and hopefully get over the cravings. Thank you for the tips, seriously!

To me, I get a nice chocolate flavor with a fairly strong coconut and a hint of the almond in the background. How you vape also makes a difference in how you get the flavor. It really doesn't matter if you're a mouth to lung - this is like how most people smoke - they draw the vapor into the mouth before inhaling into the lungs. Others will draw direct to lung. Either way, when you're exhaling, try blowing the vapor out of your nose and mouth in equal amounts at the same time. I've found I get better flavor recognition this way, so have other new vapers I've coached.  :) 

Keep some 3 mg and some 6 around and switch them out. Have you heard of a phenomenon that's referred to as "vaper's tongue"? All this means is that you've vaped one flavor too long and can no longer taste it. This is normal. Just keep a different tank around with a vastly different flavor (or more than one), and switch when you can't taste it anymore. In the past I used to go from a minty Mojito flavor to an apple pie to the Almond Joy to a... and so on.  Drinking more water will also help to flush out the toxins faster too.