over vaping (sore throat)

eva123

Hi guys,

I bought my e-cigarette 1 week ago and everything was good until yesterday, I am not sure if I had too much but today I feel like sore (dry) throat and somehow like burning lungs or dry lungs I don't know how to explain. The strange thing is that when I vap (40W) very often bit of liquid comes out (I can feel just a bit on my tongue. Is that normal? Thank you

It is not normal for liquid to come out of your tank. There are a number of reasons that could be causing this but the model you have and the tank would help. As for the dry throat, PG can dry out your mouth, simply keeping fluids nearby to drink and you should be able to adjust to this easily. It's a common complaint. 

The burning in the lungs however is not normal, make sure you're not letting your coil burn. (This happens when you run out of liquid or run the coil too hot). 

yes, I think yesterday I was inhaling much more smoke as I like when it goes out more smoke too and just I felt sparkles of liquid a bit in my mouth... a picture attached of my e-cigarette below. I am just new with this maybe I smoke it wrong?? ( I obviously run the coil burn...) The way I vape is I press the button and then inhale (in the beginning I would press the button the moment I start inhaling but it will be much less smoke I inhale and now I press few seconds before I start inhaling then it's much more smoke going in and out, is that wrong? The liquid is Fusion Hale 50/50 VG/PG 10ml

Thanks

20170807_131924.jpg

What is the resistance of the coil you're using in your tank? If possible, what I would do is to get a higher resistance coil (above 1.0 ohm like a 1.5 ohm or 1.8 ohm coil), and that way you can lower your wattage/power to it. If you use a higher VG liquid, that will increase more vapor output.

How you vape also can affect how much vapor you're getting. You can push the button for a second before you begin the inhale, then inhale (more of a puff really), two or three quick puffs to get the vapor going before you inhale the last one. Did that make sense?

Edited by Tam

On 8/12/2017 at 4:52 PM, cany said:

Its vaping not smoking :)  have you tried lowering the watts   It could also be a gunked up coil

wow yes just checked the coil and it says 20-35W hahaaa and they sold me e- cigarette that goes to 40W and I was using 40W all the time. So I have to lower under 35W or get stronger coil. thanks for the help

On 8/12/2017 at 5:45 PM, Tam said:

What is the resistance of the coil you're using in your tank? If possible, what I would do is to get a higher resistance coil (above 1.0 ohm like a 1.5 ohm or 1.8 ohm coil), and that way you can lower your wattage/power to it. If you use a higher VG liquid, that will increase more vapor output.

How you vape also can affect how much vapor you're getting. You can push the button for a second before you begin the inhale, then inhale (more of a puff really), two or three quick puffs to get the vapor going before you inhale the last one. Did that make sense?

thanks a lot. yes, as you said I just checked the coil and it's only 0.8 so I'll have to get higher one if I want to smoke 40W. ok, I'll try vaping that way. I took the coil out it was only 1 week old and the filter was brown almost black so I obviously burned it. I didn't vape for 3 days because of my throat and lungs I would start coughing immediately when I try today I feel better my throat is not dry just still feel little dryness in my lings. I'll try to vape today. thanks for your help

It sounds like you must have been getting a pretty nasty experience.  You might want to try starting as low as 25W and then increase it maybe 5 watts at a time until you get the best balance of flavor and vapor without the harsh throat hit.   You should be able to find a spot where the tank works best. 

13 minutes ago, Walt said:

It sounds like you must have been getting a pretty nasty experience.  You might want to try starting as low as 25W and then increase it maybe 5 watts at a time until you get the best balance of flavor and vapor without the harsh throat hit.   You should be able to find a spot where the tank works best. 

yes, I've changed the coil and now I'm on 25W and it works good. thanks you

3 hours ago, eva123 said:

wow yes just checked the coil and it says 20-35W hahaaa and they sold me e- cigarette that goes to 40W and I was using 40W all the time. So I have to lower under 35W or get stronger coil. thanks for the help

Glad it helped

...I just checked the coil and it's only 0.8 so I'll have to get higher one if I want to smoke 40W.

Just like when you drive a car, just because your car is capable of going 120 mph doesn't mean you should drive it at 120 mph, you can (and probably should) only be driving it at lower speeds. Even if your mod can go up to 40W doesn't mean you should. I have one that goes up to 80W yet I use it at 7.8W to get the best flavor and vapor production.  :)  

5 hours ago, eva123 said:

I just checked the coil and it's only 0.8

When I vape a 0.8 coil in Wattage-mode, I typically run 15-22W, depending on the juice.

The stamps on the side of the coil are reference points, and not a recommendation for Wattage range.  You have to start low and keep upping the Wattage until you get a slight burnt taste, then back the Wattage down a few tenths or even a whole Watt.  Your juice determines what your setting should be, and if you use a different tank, even if the coil is the same resistance, the setting will likely be different for that tank/coil/juice combo.

On 8/14/2017 at 4:03 PM, Earthling789 said:

When I vape a 0.8 coil in Wattage-mode, I typically run 15-22W, depending on the juice.

The stamps on the side of the coil are reference points, and not a recommendation for Wattage range.  You have to start low and keep upping the Wattage until you get a slight burnt taste, then back the Wattage down a few tenths or even a whole Watt.  Your juice determines what your setting should be, and if you use a different tank, even if the coil is the same resistance, the setting will likely be different for that tank/coil/juice combo.

yes thanks, I started vaping on 20W and it's better but now I have different problem somehow the taste in my mouth is metallic all of the sudden (today especially all day) and I was vaping just few times in last few days so really not a lot. I don't know what is the problem.

hi guys,

thanks for the help. I have changed the coil, the liquid in 6ml nic. (75VG/25PG) and vaping on 20W but it's just not pleasurable because I feel like I vape air (there is almost no smoke coming out) 

another thing today is that I have metallic taste in my mouth even I was vaping just few times last few days (not a lot at all) so I don't know what am I doing wrong... and still dry throat :/

any other suggestions? it was so good in the begging first 3 days of vaping and I don't know why it has changed :/

High VG content will give a glycerin-bar taste in your mouth sometimes... and can be similar to a "metallic" taste.  You've lowered your nicotine, so that will also add to the glycerin flavor because of the lack of "pepper" flavor from lower nicotine.

If you're not getting good flavor or vapor... up your wattage in 0.5 or 1W increments until you get a burnt taste... then back it off by 0.5W.  That should help to dial in the flavor and vapor production.

Another suggestion is to try a different tank (brand, coil style, coil resistance)....  Sometimes the problems we have are simply the equipment we use...  I have a couple of shoe-boxes full of perfectly good tanks, mods, and coils, which simply did not work for "me", even though others have had much love and success with/for them.

16 hours ago, Earthling789 said:

High VG content will give a glycerin-bar taste in your mouth sometimes... and can be similar to a "metallic" taste.  You've lowered your nicotine, so that will also add to the glycerin flavor because of the lack of "pepper" flavor from lower nicotine.

If you're not getting good flavor or vapor... up your wattage in 0.5 or 1W increments until you get a burnt taste... then back it off by 0.5W.  That should help to dial in the flavor and vapor production.

Another suggestion is to try a different tank (brand, coil style, coil resistance)....  Sometimes the problems we have are simply the equipment we use...  I have a couple of shoe-boxes full of perfectly good tanks, mods, and coils, which simply did not work for "me", even though others have had much love and success with/for them.

Hi, thanks a million I didn't get it what to do when you said up and then down but I got it yesterday and it's really working much better it's best around 19.5W. And I was vaping very wrong, so I was inhaling very fast and short like smoking cigarettes and actually I have to inhale slow and long so I get much more vapor, it works great now :) And I got a chewing gum yesterday and today and the metallic taste is gone and the throat is better since I started vaping popularly so I hope it will work good from now. Thanks for the advises!

7 hours ago, Tam said:

@Earthling789 gives sound advice. I would also add that the same juice can and will taste vastly different in different tanks with different resistance coils (or even coils of the same resistance). Give a different tank a try.

thanks, yes it works good now I will see in next few days but yesterday and today it's great :) Thanks for the advises!

thanks, yes it works good now I will see in next few days but yesterday and today it's great :) Thanks for the advises!

One more thing -- if you're not already doing it. Vaping will dehydrate you so you want to be drinking lots of water. Just plain water, not soda/pop, juice, coffee, tea, whatever. The water will keep you hydrated better.  :) 

47 minutes ago, Tam said:

One more thing -- if you're not already doing it. Vaping will dehydrate you so you want to be drinking lots of water. Just plain water, not soda/pop, juice, coffee, tea, whatever. The water will keep you hydrated better.  :) 

cool thanks :)