Freaking out!

So, I just saw a post on Fb about a dudes mod exploding.... The pictures were not pretty.

I'm contiplating on using my vape right now because that post actually scared me.. How likely is it that a mod will blow up?! What causes a mod to blow?! I don't want my teeth blown out [emoji21]

(am I overreacting?)

[emoji171] glamourgirlglock [emoji171]

Highly unlikely.  There's a lot involved, but to keep it short, if you are using a regulated mod you are very safe.  There is one mod out right now that seems to have a flaw.  The HCigar VT75C seems to have a problem with the battery housing.  If a long (66mm or longer) 26650 battery is used in the mod the top of the housing can become fatigued and short out the battery.  The battery/mod will melt down pretty quickly. 

29 minutes ago, KarmicRage said:

As previously stated it's highly unlikely for a regulated mod to blow unless it has been damaged or if there is a flaw with the design. Most "mods" that blow are mechanicals and my view, based on the front line header news with barely any technical input, is that these are scare stories designed to turn people away from vaping.

Lol,  They're designed to sell Coca-Cola, or bonerall, or whatever the media's sponsorship is.  Shock and Awe!  "Look!  That there vapin thing just blew up in his face!  Give us your money!"

Regulated mods (ones where you set voltage/wattage/temperature) have a really good track record, but there's also that rare one that has a fault, or one that someone has modified or done something stupid with... 

Mechanical mods (where you press a button that makes the battery contact and complete a circuit) have a good track record too... IF THEY ARE USED CORRECTLY, and people aren't being stupid... like trying to fire a 0.05 Ohm coil, or using batteries that cannot handle the Amp demands their coil is pulling.  Explosions were still uncommon even years ago, before battery technology became better!

Like @Tam said, most problems are with cheap Chinese batteries, knock-off batteries, damaged batteries, or where someone pops a battery into their pocket or purse (unprotected) and loose metal manages to make contact between the positive and negative posts, creating a run-away discharge/venting.

There's no reason to panic... your mod is 99.9999% safe if used correctly AND you are using a good, reputable battery of the correct Amperage specification for your coil needs.  Stick with Samsung, LG, Sony, etc. batteries, and make sure they are at least 20A... and you should be fine for all your vaping needs.

Edited by Earthling789