Clear juices a little more harsh?

Two things usually determine how much throat hit an eliquid will have, nicotine and PG ratio. If you have clear e liquids that seem to provide more throat hit than some of your other e liquids, it's likely that they have a higher PG than VG ratio. 

I'm using 70vg 30pg 3% nic which I've been using ever since I started vaping. I can't figure out what it is. The only thing I've noticed is the runnier clearer ones are a little more harsh.

Sent using The Vapor Talk mobile app

On 8/4/2017 at 3:35 PM, Christopher said:

Two things usually determine how much throat hit an eliquid will have, nicotine and PG ratio. If you have clear e liquids that seem to provide more throat hit than some of your other e liquids, it's likely that they have a higher PG than VG ratio. 

Christopher hit the nail on the head with the two things that determine TH (throat hit / harshness).  

Since you're sure they are the same Nicotine strength and same PG/VG ratio's... the only other factor is the flavorings.  

Fruity juices (like your watermelon) tend to be a little more harsh, and bakery flavors tend to be a little more smooth... usually due to vanilla or custards in them.  When I vape bakery flavors, I tend to turn up my wattage just a bit because they have a lot of vanilla in them, and that requires more heat/power, more-so than my fruity flavors...  Fruity flavors do require less power/heat... This is "normal", so I'm guessing this may be exactly what you're experiencing?

Christopher hit the nail on the head with the two things that determine TH (throat hit / harshness).  
Since you're sure they are the same Nicotine strength and same PG/VG ratio's... the only other factor is the flavorings.  
Fruity juices (like your watermelon) tend to be a little more harsh, and bakery flavors tend to be a little more smooth... usually due to vanilla or custards in them.  When I vape bakery flavors, I tend to turn up my wattage just a bit because they have a lot of vanilla in them, and that requires more heat/power, more-so than my fruity flavors...  Fruity flavors do require less power/heat... This is "normal", so I'm guessing this may be exactly what you're experiencing?

Right. I had watermelon and that's when I experienced the harshness. Then melon. So I switched back to strawberry cheesecake and strawberry custard and no harness there.

Sent using The Vapor Talk mobile app