Milky clouds

Vapelife1200

Hey guys I'm kinda new to vaping and I have a question....again.....lol. What's the basis for thicker milkier clouds, is it wattage,air flow, vg% rda vs subohm..... can anyone shed some light on this for me.....cheers vapers.....

Yowzers!!!  lol. 

All of the above?

1.  Wattage  In general more wattage vaporizes more juice.  Wattage is limited by the coil used.  Too much wattage and flavor starts fading.  Way too much wattage and cotton burns.  In general the lower the resistance the more wattage that can be applied.  Along with this is the configuration of the coil.  More exotic builds have more surface area and can wick or retain more liquid.  Also in general the more liquid retained by the coil the more wattage that can be applied. 

2.  Airflow  In general the more airflow the more vaporized juice being carried from the coils.  Also the more airflow the more wattage that can be used as the coils are being "cooled". 

3.  VG  Yes VG produces the most cloud.  PG however is your flavor transport. 

4.  RDA vs Subohm  There are some beastly (pun intended) sub ohm tanks out there that produce a lot of vapor.  An RBA (RTA or RDA)  gives the user control of the coil used.  There are a lot of folks that have become very good at building RBA's and can produce some monster clouds far beyond that of a premade sub ohm tank.  That's a process.  Get an inexpensive RDA (they are easier to wick) and try your hand at building.  If you find the activity to be fun go for it.  I can be tedious.  Some folks just don't care for the activity. 

5.  Voodoo  I haven't vaped long enough to attain this level.  Some folks here have vaped and built a long time and have found combinations of all of the above that just work well.  So with that I'll turn it over to the masters. 

On 7/30/2017 at 6:28 AM, Vapelife1200 said:

Thx Walt.......super helpful mate so if im sporting the TFV8 cloudbeast at the moment....is that a clearomizer....????

Most people refer to them now as "drop in coil tanks" though the names sort of change each year it seems like. Clearomizers are generally more like the CE4's. (At least that's what comes to my mind when I think of a clearo). 

TVF8's can produce some pretty hefty clouds and is a sub ohm unit, but rather than build your own coil, you "drop" a coil in and go. it's a convenience thing. (Like me, I use drop in coils because while making your own coils is the way to go, I just love the convenience of drop in coils) 

Another benifit to building your own coils is that it's cheaper however, please, for the love of vaping, look into battery safety. We've shied away from rebuildables not because they aren't awesome but we've had some....situations in which  users were getting ahead of themselves. (Ridiculously low ohms, mixed with the wrong battery type, on a mechanical mod = a bad situation) 

We have a good rebuildable community here on the forum (see the rebuildable categories). Everyone is super helpful, it's always better to pester and ask than to be sorry ;) 

Hey mate. As Walt said many factors come into play when "cloud chasing".

Smok products are known for their clouds. The Cloud beast tank includes an RBA to play with different coil configs too (if you got it in a starter kit it may not have come included but would be easy enough to track down) but from playing with the Big Baby Beat RBAs I found these to be a little finnicky. I found a (dare I say it) RDA clone i got from fasttech to be very easy to build on and play with. I bought a pack of varied pre built coils too and been having fun with different types of builds on it.

Just have a bit of fun with it but be safe man

I stuck my foot into coil building with an RDA Clouds/flavor were good But theres some subohm tanks with OCC coils/Rba decks that blow a dripper away My opinion and we all know whats there worth I like my dripper for tasting new mixes Other than that I like a tank full of juice

5 minutes ago, cany said:

I stuck my foot into coil building with an RDA Clouds/flavor were good But theres some subohm tanks with OCC coils/Rba decks that blow a dripper away My opinion and we all know whats there worth I like my dripper for tasting new mixes Other than that I like a tank full of juice

Especially if you ever have to deal with traffic

1 minute ago, Christopher said:

Especially if you ever have to deal with traffic

Been there  Thats why my tank full when ever I get in the truck :relaxed:  But Ive gotten good at refilling a tank at a red light B)

Most people refer to them now as "drop in coil tanks" though the names sort of change each year it seems like. Clearomizers are generally more like the CE4's. (At least that's what comes to my mind when I think of a clearo). 
TVF8's can produce some pretty hefty clouds and is a sub ohm unit, but rather than build your own coil, you "drop" a coil in and go. it's a convenience thing. (Like me, I use drop in coils because while making your own coils is the way to go, I just love the convenience of drop in coils) 
Another benifit to building your own coils is that it's cheaper however, please, for the love of vaping, look into battery safety. We've shied away from rebuildables not because they aren't awesome but we've had some....situations in which  users were getting ahead of themselves. (Ridiculously low ohms, mixed with the wrong battery type, on a mechanical mod = a bad situation) 

We have a good rebuildable community here on the forum (see the rebuildable categories). Everyone is super helpful, it's always better to pester and ask than to be sorry [emoji6] 

Thanks mate....much appreciated...