Beginners nightmare....RDA vs subohm tank

Vapelife1200

Hey guys as you might already have noticed I'm new to vaping. I picked myself up the Smok Alien 220w TC and up top I'm using the tfv8cloudbeast. Soooo in advance I'd like to thank anyone who can spare me advice regarding RDA'S. I am keen to get building and from what I have researched so far RDA'S produce better flavor maybe....???? I like the idea of building coils and diy......soooo where do I start. What wire should I be using how many wraps.....what Cotton.....oh my god there is so much to consider.....can I throw any RDA up top of my Alien mod....????? Is fused Clapton wire extreme for beginners..... any advice I would love to hear from you seasoned vapers out there.....thanks for reading......

Watch some reviews.  DJlsb Vapes,  Mike Vapes, Rip Trippers (over the top but knowledgeable), Grim Green, VapinFagan, to mention a few.  For the most part the RDA you choose will depict how many coils to use.  RDA's will work fine on your Alien.  RDA's are also a great place to start building as they are very easy to wick.  RTA's are finicky and take practice.  Get familiar with this site:  http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.html It will help you design a coil.  The RDA itself will also have a lot to do with what build you use per the amount of space on the build deck.  Do a little research on Battery Mouch.  He is da-man when it comes to choosing good batteries for a mod.  18650 batteries are not spec'd honestly by most manufacturers.  It is good advice to understand ohm's law to understand how the resistance of your coils effect the mod.  The relationship between wattage, voltage, amperage, and resistance is also good to understand. 

There's a lot to learn if you so choose.  Vaping can be a great hobby and as intricate or simple as you want to make it. 

thanks mate, appreciate the feedback, my day just turned from good to bad real quickly, can you maybe tell me anything at all regarding importing nic into Australia.... i just had some guy tell me that i cant import into QLD Queensland Australia....???? is this true, not sue that you would know the question to that one...might try asking around..... but yes i have also completed my first build on my first RDA... i picked up the ICON by Vandy Vapes, so the build itself turned out really well, but i ended up falling short regarding resistance.... i finished up with a dual coil ohming out at .3 not near enough vapour production lots of spitting and burning smells going on, i used the steamengine website.....when i see someone on youtube throw a 24ga kanthal coil together with like 7 or 8 wraps their ohming out at .15 why would mine be different...????

Man, there are a lot of folks around that can answer this better than I but they must be out and about.  It doesn't make a lot of sense to me.  If the coils were shorting out against the case your resistance would be lower than expected not higher.  The spitting and burning smell is telling me you are probably hitting the coils with too much power and singing the cotton that would be the burning smell.  The spitting would probably be a violent vaporizing of the juice.  Did you start low with your wattage, say around 30 watts and slowly work up?  Were your coils and cotton well saturated with ejuice?  There's nothing wrong with a .3 ohm build but it isn't going to handle too much power.