Baby beast burning coils???

I have a Smok stick V8 with a baby beast tank.  Since I bought it about 8 weeks ago it is burning through coils and i have tried both T8 and the Q2.  Still burns them up after 2 days of vaping.  Vapes great until the 2nd or 3rd day.  I can have a full tank of juice and hit it and it will taste so burnt you'd think i was completely out of juice.  any recommendations as to why its doing this?  It also leaks.  not alot and not all the time...usually after it has burnt.  

What type of eliquid are you using? Some of the newer devices require and are designed for high VG which is thicker than PG based eliquids. The fact that it's burning up so fast and leaking tells me you might be using a high PG eliquid (which is thinner and not generally meant for higher temps). 

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't used a factory drop in coil for well over a year, but back when I did use factory coils I did notice that sometimes the cotton would be packed too tight. When the cotton is too tight the wick can't absorb the juice as well, and I would get a burnt taste.

I am assuming the coils are made using a automated process, being someone that is familiar with automated machinery I can say sometimes the settings on the machinery may not stay consistent. Having the cotton too lose would cause the coil to leak, so I am also assuming that the manufacturer probably prefers to error on the cotton being too tight rather than having the cotton too lose and leak.

Just my opinion, which doesn't mean much.

• 2 months later...