SMOK OSUB Mini low battery

Hi All,

new here and to vaping as per my post in the intro section.

I have been using a SMOK OSUB Mini for almost 3 weeks, i see SMOK claims the unit has a low battery indicator, i assume it has to do with the flashing led but i have no idea what to look out for. I have run the battery flat twice now as i had no idea it was going flat... Can anyone assist in guiding me on this? i have spent sime time google'ing but have not foud anything specific on how it would alert me.

thanks!!

It appears to be just a standard battery Icon in the display.  I don't know about yours butg mine starts blinking when the battery goes low.

According to this reviewer, one of the cons to this device is that there is no battery life indicator. She says that the LED light just blinks a bunch of times when you need to recharge. For such a basic unit, it seems pretty good. If you want more information from your mod, you may want to look at a different mod altogether.

Thanks for the info

seems by the time I notice the flashing lights the battery is already flat. Will keep an eye on the flashes moving forward and see. 

Definitely keen on upgrading but I'm still new so don't want to jump into something expensive as yet

Yeah when that thing starts flashing you're on your last few hits...

But you should also take a look once in a while and you'll see the indicator shrinking away.  I believe your battery is only 1300 mah? That's not terribly large, especially if you are vaping lower than 1ohm coils.  

9 hours ago, New2v@pe said:

Thanks for the info

seems by the time I notice the flashing lights the battery is already flat. Will keep an eye on the flashes moving forward and see. 

Definitely keen on upgrading but I'm still new so don't want to jump into something expensive as yet

You might want to invest in another of what you have so you can have one charging while using the other. You could also get a whole different mod, there are many out there that aren't very expensive -- and you can use the tank you already have.  :) 

• 1 year later...

I have this same 'Battery Low' issue where it fires for about a second and then gives battery low even on fully charged battery.  I have a Smok Osub TC unit and it worked great when new but as time wore on and repeated change of battery the problem surfaced.  In my case I believe I've tracked the problem to the battery chamber itself, specifically the tension supplied by the battery door is no longer sufficient to maintain a good connection.  I found that if I apply manual pressure upward on the door and hold it the unit fires normally.  But who wants to be squeezing  the battery chamber to get contact just to vape!  I haven't found a solution bu am considering an insert disc like a penny or something where I can get the door closed and still get good contact.  If anyone has come across this and have a better solution, I'd like to know what you did.