Vape Juice Loses Flavor

I know most people will just say it's "vaper's tongue", but I noticed that the flavor is strong when I first fill my tank, after giving the juice bottle a good long shake.
While the juice in the tank still has that foggy look with tiny bubbles after shaking it, the flavor is very present. I'm using a max VG mix right now, so that could be a large reason for it, so really I'm just looking for input from other people. After the juice settles in your tank, does your flavor die down at all? Is it a coil issue? Do I need more PG in the mix? Thank you :)

Wow, That is weird.  I'll follow this one too.  Should taste better after the bubbles die down as it is mixed better.  I guess theoretically it could be a wicking issue as you may be getting more juice to the coils just after tightening down the cap and pressurizing the atty.  That sounds like a stretch to me though.  Could be something to do with max VG I guess.  PG carries flavor better. 

You didn't mention how long you vape the one juice without switching. You're right, it could very well be the dreaded "vaper's tongue". I find when that happens to me and I want to continue to vape the same juice, brushing the tongue, drinking more water, and not vaping for a little while fixes the issue. If I want to vape right away, I just go sniff some coffee grounds (just inhale the aroma of the ground coffee, don't sniff it into your nose) and that also helps to "cleanse the palate."  :) 

Of course, PG is the flavor carrier so more PG in the juice might help. Likewise, with max VG, your wick might not be able to get sufficiently soaked with the juice before you vape again. If you want, you can put a couple or three or four drops of distilled water right into your tank to thin it out.

Each 100mL bottle I buy lasts about a week to a week and a half. I filled my tank right up about an hour ago, vaped about half a mL, then topped it up again. The flavor (juicy fruit ;)) was delicious for about 2 pulls then died out. There is generally a slight taste, so I'm pretty sure it really is just the mix I have. Next time I plan on getting 50/50 or something like that :) 

Also @Tam, not sure if you remember but you also helped me last year when I was clueless about buying a mod lol 

Still using this iPower but the battery is a bit weak these days so I'm sure you'll be seeing another thread from me looking for mod suggestions!

1 minute ago, Chinis said:

Each 100mL bottle I buy lasts about a week to a week and a half. I filled my tank right up about an hour ago, vaped about half a mL, then topped it up again. The flavor (juicy fruit ;)) was delicious for about 2 pulls then died out. There is generally a slight taste, so I'm pretty sure it really is just the mix I have. Next time I plan on getting 50/50 or something like that :) 

Also @Tam, not sure if you remember but you also helped me last year when I was clueless about buying a mod lol 

Still using this iPower but the battery is a bit weak these days so I'm sure you'll be seeing another thread from me looking for mod suggestions!

You could go up to 30PG/70VG and still be fine with the wicking. Personally, I'm liking the 40/60 mix for a good balance of flavor and vapor.

Yes, I remember most of the people I help spend their money.  :lol:  Glad the iPower worked for you, it's a good mod to start with. I'm still using mine but then I rotate four - six of them at a time....