Smok Qbox Mod burning through coils!

So, I am fairly new to the vaping world. I bought a Smok Qbox kti thios past Saturday with some campfire outdoors and smores [70/30] Ejuice. The juice that I got is super tasty. My issue is that I seem to be burning cotton and the coil quite frequently. I changed the coil last night [which is a .25Ohm tfv8 baby beast M2]. I primed it and let it sit overnight jut to make sure I was going to get any dry firing. The first part of the day seemed to be just fine, but I'm already getting dry burning rips off of it, and its only a day old!!! If anyone has had or knows of any issues with these mods or coils, I thank you ahead of time for any assistance,

You didn't say how many watts you're using with your coil. Do you also have the airflow open all the way? Dark, sweet juices will gunk up a coil faster than lighter colored, not so sweet juices, although it should last longer than a day. Typically, the coils that come with the tanks are not the best as far as quality is concerned. Did you buy replacement coils for your tank?

Moved this post to General Vaping Discussion so more members will see it. Hopefully, we can get this fixed for you.

I'm running my mod at 35W. I was messing around before the first coil went out to see what was good, and 35 seems to be the best, and from what I've been able to find so far that's even the recommended wattage to run with that coil from smok. The juice is sweet, but it's not dark at all, pretty clear and not super thick when cold. I did not but replacement coils as I didn't think I would go through 2 of them in 5 days. My co-workers have said they get about a week and a half out of their baby beast coils.

Sent from my SM-N920V using The Vapor Talk mobile app

The wattage sounds about right, if I remember right the recommended wattage for the m2 coils is 25 to 45 watts.

I have 2 Baby Beast tanks and one Big Baby Beast. I can easily get 2 to 3 weeks out of a coil, and I vape a lot.

One thing I did notice early on is that if you let the tank run low enough to get a dry hit very often the coils do seen to burn out rather fast.

I forgot to mention, that is my favorite coil but good luck finding them. They seem to be really hard to find.

In all honesty I think the Q2 is about the same coil performance wise even though on the box it has a recommended watts 40 to 80.

Sent from a galaxy far far away

Update as of today 6/23/17:

I went back to the shop that I purchased my mod from and talked to them about what happened with those first two coils that came with my Qbox kit. The guy working there told me that apparently they've been seeing some issues with some of those coils that are coming with those kits for some reason, and he actually gave me a brand new coil for free today. I thought that that was pretty cool of him. So hopefully this will be the end of my burnt out coils so fast.

I have also been able to find the TFV8-M2 coils on ebay for roughly $14 for a pack of 5. my local shop wants $28 for a pack of 5. I'm all about supporting local business and all, but that's a little too steep of a markup for me.

Thanks for your guys' help also, I appreciate it.

4 hours ago, FolornDarkBlade7452 said:

Update as of today 6/23/17:

I went back to the shop that I purchased my mod from and talked to them about what happened with those first two coils that came with my Qbox kit. The guy working there told me that apparently they've been seeing some issues with some of those coils that are coming with those kits for some reason, and he actually gave me a brand new coil for free today. I thought that that was pretty cool of him. So hopefully this will be the end of my burnt out coils so fast.

I have also been able to find the TFV8-M2 coils on ebay for roughly $14 for a pack of 5. my local shop wants $28 for a pack of 5. I'm all about supporting local business and all, but that's a little too steep of a markup for me.

Thanks for your guys' help also, I appreciate it.

Typically, any coil that comes with a tank is less than top quality. Be very careful about purchasing hardware from eBay -- we hear a lot of stories about knock offs being sold as name brands. Personally, I only buy from trusted vendors but YMMV.  :)