Teeth

Orange Stained Teeth - Orange tooth stains typically occur near the gum line and are caused by the presence of chromogenic (photographic) bacteria or food buildup. Children are especially prone to orange tooth stains, usually as a result of improper or infrequent brushing.

If vaping were the cause of any staining, the staining would be over all of the tooth, much like coffee or red wine.  Way too many times NORMAL hygiene, or lack thereof, are the cause of our problems... and sadly, vaping is often considered the root of the cause... because vaping is "evil"... sad... very sad...

I would wonder if he drank something orange and the food coloring stuck to the plaque on his teeth. Since I started vaping, trips to my dentist and dental hygienist have become moments of pleasure. The cleanings take less time, the hygienist even got a couple of her family members to switch after talking with me about vaping and how it's improved my oral health.  :) 

17 minutes ago, Earthling789 said:

Orange Stained Teeth - Orange tooth stains typically occur near the gum line and are caused by the presence of chromogenic (photographic) bacteria or food buildup. Children are especially prone to orange tooth stains, usually as a result of improper or infrequent brushing.

If vaping were the cause of any staining, the staining would be over all of the tooth, much like coffee or red wine.  Way too many times NORMAL hygiene, or lack thereof, are the cause of our problems... and sadly, vaping is often considered the root of the cause... because vaping is "evil"... sad... very sad...

Ah yes!  You eeeee-ville Vaper you!  Actually sounds like a good title to a movie.  Kinda B stock but it could be a hoot.

Just now, Walt said:

Ah yes!  You eeeee-ville Vaper you!  Actually sounds like a good title to a movie.  Kinda B stock but it could be a hoot.

And the evil vaping villain could be the type of evil that people actually cheer for. Just a thought.  :lol: 

Just now, Tam said:

And the evil vaping villain could be the type of evil that people actually cheer for. Just a thought.  :lol: 

I think we're on to something!   We need to roll with this!!!

• 5 weeks later...

Here is a good read about vaping and oral/teeth health I stumbled across. It's fairly long but it's good information.
I remembered reading this post so I thought it would be good information for those concerned.

https://www.huffandpuffers.com/blogs/informational-e-cigarette-blog/effects-of-vaping-on-teeth-and-gums

Edited by gadget
forgot the link :)

This is actually a great question and one that I'm often asked. There is an easy way to actually visually see the difference between vaping and cigarettes. 

Grab a smoker and some tissue. Fold the tissue in half, then ask the smoker to blow through the tissue. Ask them to do this three more times. You'll be absolutely shocked at the yellowing left behind on the tissue paper. Now, repeat the process with your e cigarette, do it 5 or even 10 times. You should notice, no stain ;) And if for some reason there was a stain, switch liquids because I've done this test more times than I can count for people and I've never stained tissue with an e-cigarette. 

On a side note, as british born guy, I'm pretty self conscious about my teeth. (Cavity free my whole life!). When I was a smoker, no matter how hard I tried, I generally suffered from yellowing. These days I'm pretty happy with how white my teeth are. It's been 8 years now and my teeth look great. (And any yellowing that I do  have is likely from coffee).