Help

cany

Was there any explanation regarding why it may not be good?  One of my favorite wires is 26*2+36.  I don't have any premade but I just spun up about a foot of it tonight and installed it an a single coil Ammit.  Great flavor producer and good control with TC.  It is pretty low in resistance.  Maybe it would be hard to get enough crammed into the atty to get a decent resistance as it is a two coil device.  That may be the reason.  Two 3mm diameter coils at 6 wraps each would only result with about .13Ω.   For a 22mm deck with staggered posts that might be a bit difficult although your RX200 will handle down to .1Ω in wattage mode.  Still really pushing the limit.  Nicrhome80 or Kanthal would be easier offering more resistance. 

24 minutes ago, cany said:

I think he said it has a long ramp up time Funny part is he told me to buy it a while ago

Ok, ya stainless takes longer to ramp up than some other wires but it's not crazy long or anything like that.  Just builds heat a little slower as you draw.  

8 minutes ago, cany said:

@Walt   does this seem right ??

618coil.png

Yup, That's about right.  30g is going to be really difficult to work with though.  Pretty thin.  The lowest I go is 28 and even then I have to be real careful with pulling my cotton through without deforming the coil.  You have discovered the problem with SS wire.  It takes a lot of wire to get any resistance. 

This would be more reasonable: 

28SS.JPG

If you have room, this is a nice build using a simple parallel core Clapton that will yield right around .25Ω.  Great flavor build!!!

28Clapton.JPG

11 minutes ago, Walt said:

Yup, That's about right.  30g is going to be really difficult to work with though.  Pretty thin.  The lowest I go is 28 and even then I have to be real careful with pulling my cotton through without deforming the coil.  You have discovered the problem with SS wire.  It takes a lot of wire to get any resistance. 

This would be more reasonable: 

28SS.JPG

Thanks Im trying too use the wire I have now But I am looking for more. Can you suggest anything from the VT store It all looks the same too me

Oh ****!!!!   I'm sorry.  I went up to the top of the thread and saw the spool you have.  My mistake.  From the screen shot you posted I thought you were using straight 30g.  Hold on for a sec.   Be right back.

Ok, here is a good build for the 26*2+30 that you have if you can get 10 wraps on each coil.  It will give you about a .23Ω build overall.

26Clapton.JPG

Give it time.  It will sink in.  Just make two coils, each with 10 wraps with that wire and give it a shot. Use a 3mm rod.   Should make some great fog!

Oh no!  I'm afraid to have you use less because the resistance will be really low.  Might have to use some Kanthal if you have some.