Sign in to follow this  
BILMAXEY

Blucigs

This topic is 773 days old. It's a bit dusty and has been automatically locked.

I quit smoking and started vaping BLUCIGS a year and a half ago.  I have been experiencing an increasing shortness of breath.  My doctor ran a CT scan and diagnosed me with emphysema.  Will my symptoms ease up if I quit vaping?

It would be best to ask your doctor and hope that he is not biased.  The question I would ask myself is can I quit vaping and not go back to smoking?  If I would return to smoking, I would also ask the doctor which habit would be less destructive.  I also know nothing of BLUCIGS, so I have no idea if there is another contribution there or not.  Another member here got a clear lung scan after being diagnosed with COPD five years earlier.  I'm sure results may differ.  Having said all of that, I am convinced that the healthiest choice would be to neither smoke or vape if that is possible. 

Welcome to VT

How long did you smoke, and how many packs per day?  Emphysema (a lung disease, proven to be accelerated by smoking) is something that you've probably had for a long time prior to starting vaping, and I find it hard to believe that your symptoms just began, 18 months after quitting smoking.  

Vaping normally has a positive effect on lung tissue of an ex-smoker.... meaning that once you quit smoking and replace your nicotine and hand-to-mouth habit with vaping, your lungs will begin to repair.  Many of us ex-smoking vapers have received very positive results from our doctors after just a few months of vaping, and those of us who have vaped for years (after 30+ years of smoking) may never have the lungs of a 20-yr-old athlete, but we have greater lung capacity, stamina, and better overall health because we quit smoking.  Many ex-smokers who have taken up vaping have reported their COPD and other breathing issues have lessened or even subsided after starting vaping (and quitting smoking)!

Vaping does not cause Emphysema... not ONE documented case...  Vaping may be newer than cigarettes, but it's been around over a decade, and if any of the vaping products caused a lung disease, it would be wide-spread and documented....

Sign in to follow this