Like discovering temp control for the first time

Walt

What a difference!  I've been vaping on the Yihi SX mini ML class for about a day now in power mode.  I put a build in a single coil Ammit just for the mod using about a .4Ω build on the single coil as the mod is a power hog.  Vapes very nice at 40 Watts.  Thought I would try temp control.  Set it for 42 joules since I knew 40 watts was plenty.  Amazing!!!!  One each USDA grade A smooth vape with a consistent temp from start to finish.  With my other mods I really feel the temp control kick in and knock down the temperature.  Not this thing.  Just gives me 440F from start to finish.  Gotta try a dna someday.  I hear they are really good at tc as well.   I could become a fan of this. 

Serious.  I used 24g stainless 316e.  Real simple build.  Made it a spaced coil.  I have to be honest,  I like playing around with more exotic coils but I really don't find a huge difference in vapor/flavor.  I think it's more about finding a build that works with the tank or dripper.  In this case it also had to work with the mod.  I wanted a higher resistance and the ability to use tc.  Get everybody working together and you get a hell of a vape. 

I have really gotten away from tanks with pre-made coils.  I'm never really satisfied with they way they perform.  I have a lot better results with something I can build. 

I love premade coils..........for about a day or two. 😜

Always have gotten better results from home made coils although I find simple is best for me. I don't go for fancy built coils except for the hobby aspect of it. Simple,  spaced singles or duals work just fine for me. I can clean a tank, build a .5 ohm single and wick it in about 10 mins and it will last me 3 weeks with a couple of rewicks.   

Simple and happy.  Works for me.

1 hour ago, TheFinz said:

TC on my Smok Alien is fantastic.  Love it, such a smooth vape.  

My Smok Alien and GX 350 are smooth, but they don't compare to the Yihi.  Simply an amazing vape.

1 hour ago, Bebop said:

I love premade coils..........for about a day or two. 😜

Always have gotten better results from home made coils although I find simple is best for me. I don't go for fancy built coils except for the hobby aspect of it. Simple,  spaced singles or duals work just fine for me. I can clean a tank, build a .5 ohm single and wick it in about 10 mins and it will last me 3 weeks with a couple of rewicks.   

Simple and happy.  Works for me.

You verbalize it well.  Fancy build coils are fun to toy with, but like yourself, I get great vapes from real simple builds.  Sometimes better.  

3 minutes ago, Walt said:

My Smok Alien and GX 350 are smooth, but they don't compare to the Yihi.  Simply an amazing vape.

Well,  I'll have to live with my Alien. My wife is already grumbling about the amount of money I've spent to expand my habit.  Then I turned around and started making my own juice.  And I had to justify it lol. "Look at it this way, cost of my current premium juice is going to run around $2500 a year at the rate I am using it.  Making my own will likely price out to about $250 a year".  It was a lot more OK after that...;) 

As a side note, my prebuilts usually last about 2-3 weeks, and I'm a fairly heavy vaper I think (anywhere for 6 to 10 ml a day)

1 minute ago, TheFinz said:

Well,  I'll have to live with my Alien. My wife is already grumbling about the amount of money I've spent to expand my habit.  Then I turned around and started making my own juice.  And I had to justify it lol. "Look at it this way, cost of my current premium juice is going to run around $2500 a year at the rate I am using it.  Making my own will likely price out to about $250 a year".  It was a lot more OK after that...;) 

As a side note, my prebuilts usually last about 2-3 weeks, and I'm a fairly heavy vaper I think (anywhere for 6 to 10 ml a day)

That's why I nearly fell over when I found it for fifty bucks.  New in a box at a local B&M.  Could not pass that up.  

8 minutes ago, Walt said:

That's why I nearly fell over when I found it for fifty bucks.  New in a box at a local B&M.  Could not pass that up.  

50 at a B&M?  Yeah I probably would have bought it too and suffered the wrath of my wife later.  Don't those normally retail online for around $150?

26 minutes ago, TheFinz said:

50 at a B&M?  Yeah I probably would have bought it too and suffered the wrath of my wife later.  Don't those normally retail online for around $150?

$200.00 everywhere I have looked on line.  

Have I mentioned yet that I like this mod?  I opened up the SXi software a built a nice sloping ramp up curve over the first two seconds.  This thing just keeps getting better and better.  I know, shut up Walt, we get it.