Tanks!!

Hey everyone. I have a question about tanks.. I'm getting a Halo Reactor Mega and I already have a Smok TFV8 Big Baby Beast tank. Will that tank work with the Halo Reactor Mega? I see videos of people using the Smok tanks on non-Smok devices and just wondering (aside from the same size threading) how to determine if a tank is compatible with a diff brand vape...

Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. 99.99% of atomizers have a 510 connection so do the same percentage of Mods. The only concerns are building to low an ohm build for the device and over hang of the rda or rdta so it is smooth. Go have fun.
To be a vapor you don't have to be OCD but it helps. [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using The Vapor Talk mobile app

The coils that come with the tank are the same resistance as the Smok coils... so there shouldn't be a problem of too low ohms I'm assuming?? Is that what you mean by too low of an ohm build?

The coils for the Halo tank***

I'd probably love the smok V8 baby tanks, but that stupid rubber ring around the fill hole is constantly soaking up juice (even when Im careful), and it expands and get too big to fit within a few weeks.  The other issue I had was how hot they got.  Not my cup of tea, oh and no prebuilt TC coils was another issue for me.  I have absolutely no desire to build my own coils.  Otherwise, they deliver on taste and cloud production no doubt.  And yeah, they'l work on pretty much any sub ohm setup.  

I'd probably love the smok V8 baby tanks, but that stupid rubber ring around the fill hole is constantly soaking up juice (even when Im careful), and it expands and get too big to fit within a few weeks.  The other issue I had was how hot they got.  Not my cup of tea, oh and no prebuilt TC coils was another issue for me.  I have absolutely no desire to build my own coils.  Otherwise, they deliver on taste and cloud production no doubt.  And yeah, they'l work on pretty much any sub ohm setup.  

You can't use their coils in temp control?

Nope, all of their pre-made TFV8 Baby tank coils are made with Kanthal.  Kanthal doesnt work in TC mode. Though I've read there may be some break throughs on the horizon for that.  

Huh, I coulda swore when I had the Alien they said SS on the side and Stainless Steel on the box. Thanks for the info [emoji3]

It's likely saying the tank is made of SS.  The premade coils, are definitely not.   And yep, no problem.  Not everyone is fond of TC vaping.  For me however, it changed my entire experience for the better.  I dont plan to vape on watt mode ever again, unless I'm testing my homebrew e-liquid.  I use my old setups for that. :)

It's likely saying the tank is made of SS.  The premade coils, are definitely not.   And yep, no problem.  Not everyone is fond of TC vaping.  For me however, it changed my entire experience for the better.  I dont plan to vape on watt mode ever again, unless I'm testing my homebrew e-liquid.  I use my old setups for that. [emoji4]

I'm planing on using TC mode with my Reactor Mega, so I'm glad you pointed that out to me [emoji3]

Got my Halo yesterday, LOVE IT!!! Been vaping in TC and have had no probs!! Actually, my 3mg nic flavor I had that gave me a headache in my smok setup doesn't give me a headache in my Halo [emoji3] I think using TC has everything to do with it tho, lol. Don't think I'll ever vape in wattage mode again [emoji3]

On 5/28/2017 at 8:58 PM, kookookachoo said:

Got my Halo yesterday, LOVE IT!!! Been vaping in TC and have had no probs!! Actually, my 3mg nic flavor I had that gave me a headache in my smok setup doesn't give me a headache in my Halo emoji3.png I think using TC has everything to do with it tho, lol. Don't think I'll ever vape in wattage mode again emoji3.png

Awesome news!  And I agree, no wattage mode for me either! 

A little late to chime in on this, but... 

In regards to TFV8 tanks, coils and SS: The tanks are SS.  The coil housings are SS.  The coils themselves are Kanthal. 

In regards to using TC with Kanthal, the Hohm Wrecker Gen 2 and the Hohm Slice can do TC with Kanthal with their proprietary chip.  Not sure about the Hohm Wrecker Gen 1.  I've been using a Hohm Slice since December and run it almost exclusively in TC with Kanthal coils.  So far these are the only two (possibly three) mods I know of that will run Kanthal in TC.