Smok V8 Stick

Hello everyone [emoji3]

I'm fairly new at this, and was wondering about the battery in the Smok V8 Stick. Is it replaceable? How will I know if the battery is going bad on it? I can't find any information on battery replacement or if you can even replace it. I previously had an Alien kit and the batteries were easily removed from it, and I'm just wondering about the battery in this one. If it isn't replaceable or I can't open the device to see if there is battery damage, how will I know if it is going bad??

Sorry for being a newbie battery pain!! I didn't think to ask when I bought it 🤦🏼‍♀️

Thanks in advance [emoji847]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some of the indcaatoers of a battery at the end of it's life are. Runs  out quickly,charges quickly and the device will throw codes or stop working properly.  

I would contact Smok or see were there service is. I am betting it will cost more to fix then the cost of a new one. 

Time for a new mod. 

Thanks everyone!!! Just worried about battery damage as it's the new hype lol. My bosses vape caught fire a few weeks ago, apparently her batteries were backwards and it made a popping noise and caught fire [emoji15][emoji15] I just started vaping a week before that happened to her so I'm always worried. It changes thing when something like that happens to someone you know. Don't want it to happen to me lol [emoji53]

Most mods today are pretty well protected against battery mishaps.  Regardless, these are powerful batteries capable of producing a LOT of current and need to be respected.  For that matter, any battery needs to be used with care.  A 1.5V AA or a 9V can even produce a significant amount of heat if shorted and depending where this occurs i.e. it's surroundings, the ramifications could be ugly.  Obviously, Samsung just picked up on that little fun fact recently.  And yes, you hit the nail on the head, hype.  Vaping is obviously being politicized and they hype has hit epidemic proportions and there are an abundance of headline scanners willing to jump in and play Chicken Little. 

12 hours ago, smokvape said:

Thanks everyone!!! Just worried about battery damage as it's the new hype lol. My bosses vape caught fire a few weeks ago, apparently her batteries were backwards and it made a popping noise and caught fire emoji15.pngemoji15.png I just started vaping a week before that happened to her so I'm always worried. It changes thing when something like that happens to someone you know. Don't want it to happen to me lol emoji53.png

If you take reasonable care, you shouldn't have a problem. The majority of the news stories you see about batteries exploding? When you dig deeper, it often times turns out that it's user error -- like your boss putting her batteries in the wrong direction, carrying around a battery without a protective case in a pocket full of change and car keys, not turning a mod off and sticking it into a pocket where the battery could be triggered into the 'on' position, etc.

My personal preference is for the mods with built in batteries simply because of convenience although I have many mods that use external batteries. For me, the convenience of having 5000 mAh (Eleaf iPower 80W TC), and not having to charge it but once a week is so much better than having to carry around extra batteries (in a case). Everyone's different and have their own preferences. I like the KISS method (Keep It Simple, Stupid).  :lol: 

If you take reasonable care, you shouldn't have a problem. The majority of the news stories you see about batteries exploding? When you dig deeper, it often times turns out that it's user error -- like your boss putting her batteries in the wrong direction, carrying around a battery without a protective case in a pocket full of change and car keys, not turning a mod off and sticking it into a pocket where the battery could be triggered into the 'on' position, etc.
My personal preference is for the mods with built in batteries simply because of convenience although I have many mods that use external batteries. For me, the convenience of having 5000 mAh (Eleaf iPower 80W TC), and not having to charge it but once a week is so much better than having to carry around extra batteries (in a case). Everyone's different and have their own preferences. I like the KISS method (Keep It Simple, Stupid).  :lol: 

What kind of wall adapter do you use? Mine just came with a power cord and I'm nervous about charging it. The wall adapter I used got hot when it was charging, but my vape wasn't warm or anything at all.

The wall adapter I use came with the iPower 80W TC, I also use the ones that came with the iStick 50W. Your adapter should NOT get hot when in use. If it does, I'd be looking at getting a new one. Never, and I mean NEVER plug the charger into a USB port on a computer or laptop. That's a good way to losing your PC/laptop should the cord get too hot. I always use a wall adapter and never leave it unattended (read: never charge it overnight while you're sleeping).

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm new at this too! I bought the gold stick & ended up buying a t-priv like two days later. They told me in my shop that it would last about a year or so before the cell takes a crap, and that I would have to buy a whole new kit. Maybe you could check online for just the battery but I'm not sure, if so, be careful as it could be a clone. I like how little the stick was and easy to carry around but this new t-priv is a 5 click lock, which I really like about it so it doesn't fire on it's own by accident.

• 1 month later...

Actually I recently purchased the Smok V8 Stick and it's not an attached/non-removable battery. I'm starting to have an issue with the power button getting stuck. Luckily it's got a safety feature where it cuts off after 8 seconds. But I can't find anywhere to purchase another battery. Does anyone know where one might be sold?

Here's a link to the kit showing the battery is removable: https://www.smoktech.com/kit/stick-v8

Basically, you can buy any mod that has a 510 connection with the Big Baby Beast tank, you don't need to buy the exact Smok V8 Stick. If it were me, I'd go with something that would allow me to customize the amount of power the coil in the tank gets instead of a fixed power source like what comes with the V8 stick. Other members around here will give you lots of suggestions on what they like best. What would you prefer, something with a non-removable battery that has high battery life (high mAh) or removable batteries so you can charge them outside the mod? You'd get better bang for the money if you switch to something else.  :)  

I agree with [mention=15721]Tam[/mention] but if you want to stay with the same form factor, Google "ijust S battery"

They are basically the same size. The iJust battery is 3000mAh and they are a decent battery in my opinion.